Personal Transformation via Free-Form Movement & Dance
What you'll learn
- * Step onto any dance floor - Conscious or Club/Bar - with more grace & ease, poise & confidence
- * Decode subtle messages and spot missed cues when people want to connect with them, whether in verbal or non-verbal settings
- * Be more proficient with using their own Body Language to communicate their desire or lack of desire to connect (say "NO!" non-verbally)
- * Build deeper, longer lasting relationships through sharpening non-verbal communication skills
- * Feel confident stepping into a Conscious Dance, non-verbal dance space knowing what these spaces are like
- No previous experience or tools needed to learn about Conscious Dance and the Body Language tools that will help create an awesome experience.
Do you love to dance, move and shake your booty?
Have you heard of or are part of Conscious Dance?
Would you like some Hacks to making contact with the opposite sex on the dance floor or the club/bar easier, and appropriately?
Then you will want to join us for this exciting, fun-filled Conscious Dance Orientation, hosted by Movement Medicine. This simple workshop will educate you on what Conscious Dance even is - then give you tools so you can walk onto any Conscious Dance floor, Club or Bar feeling well-equipped to keep yourself safe while letting go and having fun.
You will also learn some basics on how and when to connect safely and appropriately with others, even the opposite sex - and yes I am talking about physical contact!
For those curious or new to Conscious Dancing, you will learn:
* What Conscious Dance is
* The basics of most Conscious Dance spaces
For new and seasoned dancers you will:
* Create more awareness around what creates a safe dance floor
* Gain applicable insight into reading & interpreting Non-Verbal Cues
* See & move through demonstrations of how to connect appropriately with others
* Learn more about accessing your "No" and speaking it firmly with your body language
Some promises from me to you if you complete this course:
* Feel educated, empowered and confident walking into any Conscious Dance space
* Learn how to spot those tiny - or not so tiny cues - that they want to connect with you
* Take responsibility for your own safety, knowing how to say "NO" non-verbally
* Build deeper, lasting connection with your Self & Others
WHY DO YOU NEED THIS WORKSHOP?
Dance is the language of the Soul and can be a deeply moving, therapeutic and even spiritual experience. However, in our society, most of us feel many restraints into letting loose into Dance without the use of drugs and alcohol. Yet, these substances can and do lead to many unwanted, unsafe connections and events unfolding.
Conscious Dance spaces have surfaced from a desire to provide space to allow people to do what they love – dance – without the unwanted stuff they don’t want. These spaces can provide a happy medium where one can drop into a more spiritual, yogic type environment.
The question is: How do you step into one of these dance floors, get past the voices in your head about how ridiculous you look to let loose – and feel safe doing so at the same time?
The Answer: Body Language 101 for Conscious Dance
In this fun, interactive and well-designed course, you will learn all about what you might expect to find in a Conscious Dance setting, how you can best keep yourself safe while finding ways to let go and have fun. You will learn ways to start getting into a “dance mindset”, how to safely and appropriately connect with others as well as how to say “No” and be heard.
Finally – you can enjoy Dancing in the way it was always meant to be enjoyed!
As a bonus after completing this course, you will also be able to take the tools and tips into any bar, club or other social situation to improve your ability to connect - and/or keep yourself safe.
This easy and fun class fulfills the 1x Requirement for any Movement Medicine Dance.
The 6 Modules include:
1) Introduction: What Conscious Dance is
2) Basics of Conscious Dance Spaces
3) The Structure & Details of Movement Medicine Dance
4) Use Body Language to Free Your Dance
5) An Introduction to Human Energetics
6) Departing Thoughts & Bonus Exercise
Who this course is for:
- Those who have heard about Conscious Dance, Ecstatic Dance, Soul Motion, 5Rhythms, Open Floor or the new Alixir Dance (in Oakland, Ca. Formerly Ecstatic Dance)
- For those who are curious and are skeptical for any reason - especially about safety in any of the "Conscious Dance" groups mentioned above.
- Those who are Conscious Dancers of any length and want to add skills to their tool belt on how to connect or not.
- Those who love to dance at clubs and bars but would like to feel safer and more confident.
- Those who love to dance, but aren't so into the club & bar scene and would like to know there is another way to get their moves on!
Pulling from a wealth of experience and training in the physical, emotional & energy worlds - Holli crafts courses that will boost your confidence, self-esteem while deepening your connections in authentic ways. Expand your knowledge about body language and how this ties into your own emotional & mental states in a fun, interactive and integrative way. The tools & exercises will help you move the knowledge into practices that become habits. Some of Holli's training includes the following modalities: NLP Leadership Coaching, Creative Arts coaching, CBT, Reiki, A.C.E. Fitness & Health Coach, Bowenwork. Holli's unique approach encourages you to learn the tools for Body Language online - then to schedule in person sessions. She crafts unique Conscious Dance spaces, workshops, small groups and 1-on-1 sessions that will have you dancing, laughing and having a good ol' time on your way to deeper, more meaningful relationships. For more information - be sure to check out her website!