BKLN Manners™: Dog Training for Busy People
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- 21 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn force-free solutions for your dog's most challenging manners issues, with a program tailored to your busy lifestyle.
- BARKING: Eliminate excitement- or demand-barking by teaching simple, calm behaviors.
- KNOCKING PEOPLE OVER: Your bouncy dog will learn that politely sitting is much more rewarding than jumping.
- LEASH WALKING: Teach your dog to walk on a loose leash, even in highly distracting areas.
- NAUGHTINESS WHEN ALONE: Learn why your dog is destroying your furniture and how to fix it.
- By the end, you'll be thinking like a trainer and able to apply these skills to all kinds of manners issues.
- A willingness to make small adjustments to your dog's routine and set aside just a little time every day to train.
- An interest in learning to communicate clearly with your dog and guide him/her to make "good" choices through positive-reinforcement training.
- No prior training necessary.
BKLN Manners™ is a unique positive-reinforcement training program that addresses behavior concerns common to urban and suburban dog owners. In true Brooklyn style, this course offers no-nonsense, easy-to-implement solutions to:
K: Knocking people over
L: Leash walking problems
N: Naughtiness when alone
Kate Naito is a certified dog behavior consultant, certified dog trainer, and award-winning author of two books (including BKLN Manners™!). She utilizes clever management techniques and adaptations of positive training strategies to help you transform your dog from unruly to urbane. Each week, you will learn at least one B, K, L and N strategy in detail.
This course includes clear descriptions, video demonstrations, practical assignments, troubleshooting points, quizzes, and plentiful resources to give you a full understanding of how to manage or change your dog's unwanted behaviors.
Since its inception, BKLN Manners™ has become not just a class but a support system for thousands of formerly-frazzled owners. With plentiful resources both within and beyond the course, graduates have the tools to tackle any challenge our modern lives presents.
- Dog owners of all ages
- Urban and suburban dog owners
- Rescue dog owners
- New dog owners
- Busy dog owners
Teach your dog to pay attention to you, even in the presence of distractions.
This barking management strategy is useful when your doorbell rings, or for any time you need your dog safely out of the way.
Teach your dog that the doorbell is a cue to go to his mat, not to bark and get excited.
This technique can be applied to other distractions, such as a neighbor's dog barking, a car pulling into the driveway, etc. Turn the source of your dog's barking into a cue that means "place"!