Using BIzTalk with SQL Databases
What you'll learn
- BizTalk SQL Polling - Trigger BizTalk to run when data is added or flagged in SQL
- Calling BizTalk Stored Procs
- BizTalk old SQL Adapter (BizTalk 2016 and before, not available in BizTalk 2020)
- BizTalk - WCF-SQL Adapter
- Using User-Defined-Tables (UDTS) with BizTalk
- Request-Response (Two-Way) Send Ports
- BizTalk Orchestration and Maps related to SQL
- Polling Options (PollWhileDataFound, AmbientTransaction, PollingInterval)
- Multipart Message-Types (Used by Old SQL Adapter)
- Passing Complex One-to-Many Data Structures to a Stored Proc using UserDefinedTypes
- Must have some prior knowledge of BizTalk (schemas, orchestrations, maps, send/receive ports, etc)
- Must have some prior knowledge of SQL queries, updates, inserts, and stored procedures
For developers with understanding of BizTalk basics. Learn how to read and write data to and from Microsoft SQL Server databases. Learn how to generated schemas, call stored procedures, and use "UpdateGrams". Learn how BizTalk SQL Polling works, and how to tune the polling parameters for you business needs. Learn the WCF-SQL Adapter available since at least BizTalk 2010, and learn the older BizTalk SQL Adapter that can be found in older releases (but was removed in BizTalk 2020).
Who this course is for:
- Students who have taken my "Real World BizTalk 2020 for Developers" and want to know how to work with SQL data from BizTalk
- BizTalk developers that want to know how to work with SQL data from BizTalk
I’m a former Microsoft Certified Trainer and went to the Train-The-Trainer Bootcamp held by Microsoft in Redmond back in about 2004.
After that I was a stand-up instructor travelling around the US and Canada teaching BizTalk for a year or so,
THEN I went into BizTalk Consulting and have been doing it ever since.