Beginner`s guide to birdwatching: Finding birds & happiness
What you'll learn
- You will have a better awareness of the general well being bird watching can bring to your lives.
- You will also get to know the 4 keys for bird identification anywhere in the world. For this, we have created an easy to follow framework to guide you
- You will learn to apply and take action on individual and creative practices to protect birds in your own home.
- Additionally, you will learn 4 practices that will help you get out more and explore nature. Finding more birds and the associated mental benefits
- You will be able to identify general groups of birds species. You will learn a clear step by step process that will guide you to the first bird ID
- *Psst We also made a bonus lecture called Bird Watching in Costa Rica , detailing bird hot spots to visit, and our list of the top species to see!
- You only need to know that birds exist, however you will require a desire to learn more about them, and the motivation to deepen your connection with nature to enjoy all the benefits from the experience
Medical professionals agree that exposure to nature is necessary for our good health. If you are looking for more natural ways to reduce stress, restore cognitive fatigue or simply have a happier and healthier life, this course is for you.
And what a better way to receive these benefits than by learning more about our surroundings and the birds that visit us every day (even if we haven't quite noticed these mysterious visitors yet). As you learn more about birds you'll start feeling curious and they will inspire you to travel, looking for more species with fascinating behaviours and striking colours.
When you begin to identify birds with the personalized framework we have created and start applying the practices to attract birds to your own backyard; you might find your days far more enjoyable and will find that it is just what you need before getting into rush hour, or that complicated meeting with a client, or having that report delivered on time.
We encourage you to share every insight you learn; the birds certainly need it, and our planet needs it. As bird populations are decreasing, you can shift the situation by taking simple and enjoyable actions with the practices we will show you, and create deeper connections with nature and people all around us.
Creators: Carolina Ramírez and Andrés Jiménez
Special thanks to:
Jorge Eduardo Ramírez Conejo for supporting the course with over 200 bird photos.
Junaid Khan for course videography, content edition, and for shooting over 30 bird videos.
José More for the stunning composition of the music.
Who this course is for:
- If you can differentiate between a peregrine falcon and a red tail hawk in flight, that's amazing! but... this course is not for you. My course is for you, students, professionals and non-professionals who want to start bird watching, but don`t know where to start and for those who are looking for ways to restore their body and mind from everyday stress and pressures. Simply put, this course is for all those who aim to benefit from the outdoors while discovering birds and learning about them.
Your lecture is given by Andrés Jimenez, a passionate Costa Rican biologist who strives towards creating deeper connections between people and the planet.
He is currently Urban Program Coordinator at Birds Canada, but his career started in his teenage years as a naturalist guide, hosting an ecological radio program and leading multiple conservation projects.
He is a wildlife photographer with exposure from his blog Raza Verde, to international expositions across the globe. Through storytelling, his pictures highlight the wilderness that surrounds us.
In 2014 he was recognized as an Emerging Caribbean Wildlife Conservation Leader by IFAW, WWF and the US Wildlife and Fisheries Service.
Today he will share with you one of the things he loves the most, teaching people about wildlife, how to create deeper connections with nature and enjoy the outdoors even more