Biotechnology/Biotech Business, Policy, Law, and Science
What you'll learn
- Understand the commercial factors driving and constraining biotechnology development
- Learn how biotechnology is regulated, and how regulations can both limit and drive innovation
- Learn about patents and other forms of intellectual property protection in biotechnology, and why they are crucial for innovation
- Learn about domestic and international biotechnology policy decisions and how to balance innovation incentives with economic realities
- Learn about the science behind biotechnology, and it applications
- This course presumes no former training in business, science, or law.
Learn the business of biotechnology, how to start and manage biotechnology companies, and how to better service the needs of biotechnology companies.
Going beyond simple 'science for non-scientists' or 'mini MBA' offerings, this course describes the convergence of scientific, political, regulatory, and commercial factors that drive the biotechnology industry and define its scope.
Topics covered include:
The development of biotechnology
An accessible introduction to the science of biotechnology
Laws, Regulations, and Policy
The Business of Biotechnology
This course is based on the leading business-of-biotechnology text, "Building Biotechnology," which has been adopted by more than 50 schools, and is taught by Yali Friedman, Ph.D., publisher of the Journal of Commercial Biotechnology and a former instructor of biotechnology management at the National Institutes of Health.
I hope you enjoy this course as much as I did putting it together.
For those interested in drug development specifically, you can also check out my other Udemy Course: Generic Drug Entry & Branded Drug Lifecycle Management
About the Author:
Yali Friedman, Ph.D. has more than 20 years experience providing business intelligence to life science companies. He was recently named one of the 100 most influential people in biotechnology by Scientific American. He is also author of the MBA-level textbook Building Biotechnology and publisher of the Journal of Commercial Biotechnology.
Who this course is for:
- New hires to biotechnology and related companies
- New biotechnology founders
- Scientists and other entrepreneurs seeking to better understand the business of biotechnology
- Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Investors
- Biotechnology GMP facility managers
- Biotechnology regulatory affairs professionals
- Drug and medical device development managers
Yali Friedman, Ph.D. has more than 20 years experience providing business intelligence to life science companies, and is founder and publisher of the acclaimed business intelligence service, DrugPatentWatch.
He was recently named one of the 100 most influential people in biotechnology by Scientific American, and is also author of the MBA-level textbook Building Biotechnology and publisher of the Journal of Commercial Biotechnology.