Biotechnology Business, Law, and Science
- 6.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand the commercial factors driving and constraining biotechnology development
- Learn how biotechnology is regulated, and how regulations can both limit and drive innovation
- Learn about patents and other forms of intellectual property protection in biotechnology, and why they are crucial for innovation
- Learn about domestic and international biotechnology policy decisions and how to balance innovation incentives with economic realities
- Learn about the science behind biotechnology, and it applications
- This course presumes no former training in business, science, or law.
Learn the business of biotechnology, how to start and manage biotechnology companies, and how to better service the needs of biotechnology companies.
Going beyond simple 'science for non-scientists' or 'mini MBA' offerings, this course describes the convergence of scientific, political, regulatory, and commercial factors that drive the biotechnology industry and define its scope.
This course is based on the leading business-of-biotechnology text, "Building Biotechnology," which has been adopted by more than 50 schools, and is taught by Yali Friedman, Ph.D., chief editor of the Journal of Commercial Biotechnology and a former instructor of biotechnology management at the National Institutes of Health.
- New hires to biotechnology and related companies
- New biotechnology founders
- Scientists and other entrepreneurs seeking to better understand the business of biotechnology