BIM applications for Roads, Highways & Transportation design
What you'll learn
- Understand the BIM process in the roads and infrastructure design
- learn design guidelines for roads as AASHTOO
- create conceptual and geometric design of roads
- Study and analysis the existing surface
- create quantities report for all project items
- learn how to design intersections
- learn how to design interchanges
- learn Autodesk infraworks 360
- Learn to make traffic simulation
- Basics of civil engineering
The BIM applications course has been completed in the design of roads and traffic
The course is not only an application of the BIM technology in the design, but it is considered that the course will deal with all the design elements of the roads in accordance with the methodology of the global design code and the transition from the elementary level of the student to the advanced level of the professional engineer is taken into account as follows:
1 - study the interface of the program infraworks
2. How modal works to simulate reality with the model builder
3 - How to design the initial design and put more than one design proposal
4 - Adding roads, people and buildings to the project
5- Designing parking spaces and public location
6- Adding and preparing new elements for the project
7. Surface analysis and cantor study
8 - standards of road design according to code AASHTO
9 - Design of the horizontal route of the road
10- Designing the vertical path of the road
11 - Design of stations and bus stops on the side of the road
12- Studying the elements of road protection.
13- Design criteria for surface intersections according to AASHTO
14- Modeling and design of intersections
15- Modeling and design roundabout rotors
13- Design criteria for surface intersections and interchanges according to AASHTO
14 - Modeling and design of surface intersections interchanges
15 - Study and modeling traffic
16 - Calculation of quantities for cutting and filling and all elements of roads.
Who this course is for:
- civil engineering students
- civil engineers
- Road design engineers
- BIM specialist
- Quantity surveyor
- Civil 3d users
- Technical office engineer
Engr. Ayman kandeel , Chartered Engineer from ICE-UK, Certified Autodesk instructor, Certified Professional ,BIM Manager from RICS-UK, BIM specialist since 2014, MSc-civil engineering.
My passion is inspiring people through online courses. I love learning new skills, and since 2007 on my YouTube channel has more than 1000,000 views and over 12.000 subscribers. I have been teaching people like you everything I know. Through my online learning tutorials, Video School Online, I create courses that teach you how to become the better version of yourself with all kinds of skills.
* Senior Civil Chartered Engineer with 13 Years of Experience in major Civil and Infrastructure Projects Covering a wide range of activities and responsibilities mainly in Cities design, Roads and highway engineering.
* Working extensively on Project Management, from the planning stages to Conceptual and detailed design, Design Review, Workshop drawings for Roads, Highways, Bridges, grading, drainage and gravity utilities.
* Chartered professional engineer from ICE- institution of Civil Engineers in UK.
* Broad Knowledge of the international standards for Roads & Highway Design standards like AASHTO green book, LRFD and MOT of Saudi Arabia.
* Professional knowledge in BIM applications for Highway and infrastructure Design using Software like Civil 3D, Navisworks, Infraworks, and the Vehicle tracking.
* BIM specialist and implementing BIM management during the project life cycle in 4D time and 5D cost and the clash detection between the different utilities.
CERTIFICATES & ACHIEVEMENTS:
* Chartered civil Engineer from ICE-UK.
* Certified BIM Manager from RICS-UK.
* Autodesk student Ambassador since 2016 .
* Certified BIM specialist for roads and infrastructure design.
* PMP – Project Management Professional certified.
* AutoCAD Civil 3d certified professional and instructor.
* Shared in creating BIM standards for Royal commission of Yanbu.
* Shared as a speaker in BIM Egypt Conference with Autodesk.
* BIM writer in many national and international magazines.
* CEO of KEG Engineering Company.
* Approved peer certified reviewer from PUBLONS.
* Professional Engineer of Saudi Council of Engineers - SCE.
YouTube channel : Ayman Kandeel
Facebook : KEG Engineering
LinkedIn : Ayman Kandeel