Big Data in the AWS (Amazon Web Services) Cloud
What you'll learn
- You will learn what the uses and limitations are of numerous AWS services in the Big Data space.
- You will learn, via real-world case studies, how industry leaders have used these tools to work with Big Data.
- You will learn what enables certain AWS services to scale for Big Data applications.
- This course does not presume that students have prior knowledge of AWS or its Big Data tools.
- You will need a computer or mobile device in order to watch lectures.
- Basic familiarity with data-related concepts is useful (databases, streaming data, data warehouses, etc.), though since this course covers tools throughout the data space, we will include review lectures for students that need a refresher or are unfamiliar with certain data-related concepts.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) offer a unique opportunity to build out scalable, robust, and highly-available systems in the cloud. This course will give you an overview of all of the different services that you can leverage within AWS to build out a Big Data solution. We'll not only detail the use cases and limitations of each of the services, but also highlight particular cases where services may integrate to solve particular Big Data problems. Sections include real-world case studies that show how companies are actually using AWS today to solve their Big Data problems.
We will cover Big Data services in the following areas:
- Storage and Databases
- Big Data Analytic Frameworks
- Data Warehousing
- Real-Time Analytics
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning
- Business Intelligence
- Big Data Compute Instances
- Data Movement
In-depth case studies cover how real companies have leveraged the AWS cloud to build out Big Data solutions, such as:
Learn more about how to solve Big Data problems using the world's biggest cloud computing platform!
Who this course is for:
- Individuals in the tech space who want to learn more about using AWS for Big Data. This course is not for advanced Big Data practitioners that have extensive experience with AWS Big Data solutions.
I am a Big Data and AWS Solutions Architect Consultant. In short, I solve Big Data-related problems. I've worked for Twitter, the Inter-American Development Bank, and a number of startups in the data space in the past. I am an AWS Certified Solutions Architect, and am ranked within the top 1% on Kaggle. I have a B.S. from MIT, and am passionate about helping teams architect resilient, scalable data architectures.
I am passionate about helping others learn how to leverage Big Data tools, particularly within the AWS space.