Bharatnatyam (Indian classical dance form) for Beginners
What you'll learn
- Bharatnatyam Fundamentals - Tatta Adavu, Natta Adavu, Mudras, Neck Movements.
- Prepare your body for 'Laya' (Basic rhythm patterns) and coordination needed for Bharatanatyam.
- Learn the techniques and Prepare your body to learn 'Bhava' - Basic Expressions for story telling through dance.
- Choreography 1: Fusion of Bharatanatyam with western beats Dance
- Choreography 2: Shiva Meditation Mantra Dance - A pure Classical Dace piece
- Confidence to go up there and perform!
- Just come with lots of excitement and energy, nothing else is required! :)
This course is created with an intent of having everyone to taste the pleasure of Bharatanatyam, without any prior knowledge or experience with any of dance forms. Over the lessons in this course, we will embark on a journey where we will learn about:
Introduction to Bharatanatyam
Prepping our body for the style of Bharatanatyam: Basic steps to build the Rhythm and Coordination in the body
Hasta Mudras or Hand movements
Choreography 1: Fusion of Bharatanatyam with western beats!
Choreography 2: Shiva meditation mantra dance!
By the end of this course (within a few weeks), you will be able to learn and skillfully perform two beautiful Bharatanatyam choreographies! And having learnt basics of Bharatanatyam through this course, you will be ready to move forward with the more advanced lessons in Bharatanatyam (Watch out for my advanced lessons - coming soon!) :)
So let's begin! :)
Who this course is for:
- Beginners who have never danced before
- People who already know a dance form, but want to learn a classical indian dance form.
- People who tried learning Bharatnatyam earlier but got lost in the vastness and discontinued.
Hi Everyone, i am Pavithrra Venkatraman.
I am a trained Bharatanatyam Dancer/Performer/Choreographer. I have learnt and practiced Bharatanatyam for over a decade. My guru is Dr. M. S. Sarala who is a direct disciple of the Bharatanatyam icon Dr. Padma Subramanium. After learning Bharatanatyam for many years, I then completed a Diploma course in Bharatanatyam from the renowned Alagappa University Arts Department. I am currently learning Kathak from SIFAS Singapore to widen my dance styles.
I am passionate about dancing and I started dancing at the age of 4. My dance styles also ranges from classical to Bollywood and contemporary. I am also passionate about teaching. I am also a professional Yoga Trainer. Practicing Yoga really helps me in my dance.
By profession, i am also an engineer working in Artificial Intelligence domain.
I am also a Youtuber, and you can check my other dance performances at my channel "Pavithrra Venkatraman".