What you'll learn
- Course Goal: By the end of the course, you will be able to implement a progressive approach to classroom management that fosters responsibility, nurtures intrinsic motivation, and brings out the best in students.
- Course Objectives: National Board Certified Teacher Steve Reifman will present a series of classroom-tested ideas, strategies, activities, and resources that will help teachers:
- • encourage students to invest their hearts and minds in the class mission
- • establish a strong sense of purpose in their classrooms so that students find meaning in their work, experience joy, and understand the many reasons why pursuing an education matters so much for their futures
- • empower students with lasting habits of mind and habits of character
- • establish the routines, procedures, and expectations necessary to create a classroom environment in which students consistently behave well and produce quality work
- • build strong, trusting relationships with students and parents
- • seek opportunities to engage and inspire students
- • incorporate meaningful goal-setting, reflection, and self-evaluation into their classroom practice to enable children to improve their work and behavior
- • understand the problems associated with the use of extrinsic motivation
- • learn how to nurture the intrinsic motivation to learn and grow that all students possess
- No prerequisite knowledge is required.
Traditional classroom management approaches tend to focus on getting students to comply with rules through the use of extrinsic rewards and punishments. These coercive approaches produce, at best, short-term obedience and have the potential to thwart the development of many positive student behaviors and dispositions that we promote in our classrooms. This effective classroom management course presents an alternative classroom management approach rooted in intrinsic motivation and designed to create a learning environment in which children work hard, work together, and work with purpose.
This effective classroom management course is divided into four sections that contain a total of 20 video presentations. It will take approximately 5 hours to complete the effective classroom management course.
Take this ultimate effective classroom management course right now.</p>
Who this course is for:
- Elementary teachers (Both New & Experienced)
- Elementary principals
Steve Reifman is a National Board Certified elementary school teacher, author, and speaker in Santa Monica, CA. He has written several books for educators and parents, including Changing Kids’ Lives One Quote at a Time, Eight Essentials for Empowered Teaching and Learning, K-8, and Rock Your Students' World. Steve is also the creator of the award-winning Chase Manning Mystery Series for kids 8-12. Each book in the series features a single-day, real-time thriller that occurs on an elementary school campus. For Teaching Tips, articles, and other valuable resources and strategies on teaching the whole child, visit www.stevereifman.com. Follow Steve on Twitter (@stevereifman), subscribe to his “Teaching Kids” YouTube channel, and check out over a dozen of his classroom-tested resources at http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Browse/Search:Steve+Reifman.