Beyond Java Basics
- 4.5 hours on-demand video
- 2 articles
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Know the new features added in Java 8
- Know Abstract Class, static and default methods in Interface
- Know how to override toString, equals, hashCode methods and use Exceptions effectively
- Know about Generics, type bounds and wildcards
- Understand New I/O package (Paths and File manipulation)
- Understand Concurrency with threads, callables, locks and etc
- Know how to work with Relational Database through JDBC and JPA
- Know basics of testing with JUnit and Spock
- Understand inner class and anonymous class
- You need to have passed the java basic course and feel comfortable on the fundamentals of Java
WELCOME TO MY COURSE - "Beyond Java Basics"
You can find more info here: ldeng(dot)net/courses
Important Notice: This is NOT a course about basics of Java but rather some further talks and practices on various topics with Java 8.
What is this course about?
It focuses on the more advanced topics beyond Java basics. Here is a brief view:
- Concepts about concurrency and generics
- Interface, inheritance and objects
- New I/O packages
- JDBC and JPA to deal with relational database
- Lambdas, streams and more in Java 8
Why this course?
You see a lot of courses out there talking about basics for Java, and they are good to bring beginner into the world of Java programming. Yet, you don't just stop at learning basics, and you need to know some more advanced concepts on various topics and best practices. That's the motivation for this course.
How to follow the course?
Each section covers a topic in Java and then each topic is broken down into several lessons. Most of the time, you will see me showing the code and explaining the concepts. Sometimes you may want to pause the video and refresh on some of the knowledge on Java basics, or search for more materials on the topic so that you can have a deeper understanding, as I can't cover all of them in the course. Also, if you can practice writing your own code at the end of each of lesson, you will double your learning efficiency.
- Anyone who wants to go one step further than knowing just Java basics