Better virtual meetings
- Suitable for beginners to advanced users. Ideal for users who learn faster when shown.
- Some experience with virtual meetings, including phone conferences
- Visual training method, offering users increased retention and accelerated learning.
- You get best results if you apply all the learnings directly to a case.
One of the most common situations you are facing when working with a remote team are virtual meetings. This course will help you improve your virtual meetings to be more engaging and more productive.
What will we cover in this course?
- We will walk you through the most common challenges and mistakes you will have to deal with when organizing and running virtual meetings. We will give you specific tips how you can improve.
- Then we will take a closer look at virtual presentations. Our virtual cartoon team with Jeff and Sarah will give you a number of tips to improve engagement and interaction when you have to give presentations during a meeting.
- Finally, we will look at some of the larger issues that relate to preparation and follow-up of meetings. Here, we will also talk more about the difference between virtual and in-person meetings.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is part of a remote (or distributed) team
- Anyone who participates in or organizes virtual meetings
- Personnel development professionals
- IT support staff
- 02:36Better virtual meetings
- 06:06Virtual is different
Hans’ professional career is divided equally into experiences as a management consultant and a line manager. The combination of practical experience and the freedom to focus on innovative conceptual ideas has helped Hans to keep a balance between the restrictions of everyday management and the vision of future organization.
Managing Partner and Collaboration Architect at Radical Inclusion.
Stephan combines expertise and extensive experience in facilitation, social technology, knowledge and information management, and network strategy and governance to help remote teams work better together across distance.
#consulting #facilitation (on- and offline) #coaching #new ways of working #collaboration #social technology #remote teams
Juliane’s background is in facilitation and training. Her career has concentrated on helping large and small international organizations to work more effectively and to achieve synergies. As an avid digital native she creates concepts and designs for workshops, training courses and development programs for both virtual and blended environments. The possibilities of virtual settings inspire her to find new ways of employing the wealth of available media (photos, drawings and videos) to create a rich and memorable experience for participants.