How To Be A Better And More Confident Public Speaker
What you'll learn
- Participants will learn specific techniques to deal with the fear of public speaking.
- How to plan and prepare a presentation
- How to make a persuasive speech
- The importance of research to a successful presentation
- Move from research to the first draft seamlessly
- Media support (Creating powerpoints, and when to use video and handouts)
- The best way to rehearse your speech
- How to handle radio or TV interviews
- A basic understanding of English and and willingness to learn
You probably were never taught how to be a good public speaker. And if you have one bad experience, you may have developed a fear of public speaking. Dave Edwards used to hate public speaking, but he not only learned how to conquer those fears but also spent more than 30 years on radio and television. He now speaks to large groups across the country. Now he wants to teach you the techniques needed to be a more confident public speaker. You will learn everything from how to deal with your fear to how to organize and practice your speech.
You will learn:
· How to deal with the fear of public speaking.
· How to plan and prepare a presentation.
· How to design and deliver an effective persuasive speech.
· Research techniques to make your speech more powerful.
· Strategies for writing your speech that will make it easier to deliver.
· Avoiding filler words like ‘um’ and ‘ah.’
· The best way to practice your speech
Dave has taught his techniques to college students at top American universities and his clients. His methods can even help confident speakers do a better job. The feedback from his students has been so positive that he wants to share his approach with you.
HOW TO BE A BETTER AND MORE CONFIDENT PUBLIC SPEAKER will help you prepare for your next presentation. Sign up now. You won’t regret it the next time you have to make a presentation to our class, work colleagues, or another venue.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in being able to make a better speech whether it is in front of 40 or 400 people.
- Business professionals
In addition to the courses he has developed for Udemy, Dave teaches classes in journalism and ethics for Milwaukee’s Marquette University and classes in strategic planning and professional communications for Alverno College in Milwaukee. He also helps aspiring leaders through executive coaching, workshops, and providing consulting services. He holds the title of Director Emeritus from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and managed in public media for more than 30 years and served as chairman of the National Public Radio Board of Directors.