Better management through understanding yourself
- There are no requirements for this course.
- I only ask that you come open minded and ready to learn.
One of the most complicated and challenging tasks facing any manager, new or experienced, is managing people. Getting a team of distinctly diverse employees to come together and deliver superior work is hard. The workplace is complex and diverse. It is always changing and being able to adapt to these changes is crucial to being a successful manager. Be a better manager: Better management through understanding yourself provides the skills and understanding that will enable you to develop high-performing and effective teams of satisfied and productive people by first getting to know yourself, your beliefs and your values.
An organization cannot reach its goals and objectives without effective, efficient and productive people. Building strong successful teams is therefore of great importance. Great teams of employees are created through exceptional leadership and management. Being an exceptional manager and leader starts with understanding and managing yourself.
During this course you will learn:
- How to develop self-awareness
- How to develop and use emotional intelligence
- How to develop and apply assertiveness
- How to examine and adjust your limiting assumptions
- How to develop you personal and professional values
- How to develop your professional mission statement and managerial goals
Who this course is for:
- This course is meant for anyone who wishes to manage and lead their team to greater efficiency and effectiveness.
- Experienced and new managers in charge of leading and managing a team.
- Business owners and entrepreneurs that have to lead and manage employees in order to grow their businesses.
- 01:09Instructor Introduction
- 00:32Greetings and Welcome
- 02:25Introduction to Course
Hi there everybody,
My name is Christa and I am proudly South African. Being born and raised in such a diverse and multi-cultural country has given me the opportunity to work with, manage and lead a number of culturally divers and unique employees.
I have more than 15 years marketing, sales, customer service & administrative experience and have had the pleasure of working for some of South Africa's largest organisations over the years.
I am currently a marketing & branding consultant for a company based in Germany, where I learn new skills almost on a daily basis.
I enjoy learning and see myself as an eternal student. I have a certificate in PR as well as my BCom. Degree in Business Management - majoring in Marketing through the University of South Africa.
Teaching and sharing my knowledge is a passion and I am grateful for the opportunity to share what I have learned over the course of my career with all of you!