Better Habits, Better Movement
What you'll learn
- Analyze current unhealthy habits
- Create new healthy habits
- Improve mobility, strength and cardiovascular endurance
- Implement goal setting strategies to improve adherence
- Optional fitness equipment: foam roller, dumbbells
This course is designed to be completed over 3 weeks. Each week, you’ll complete a variety of assignments as well as workouts to help create more positive behaviors in your life.
Discover how habits are shaped and changed
Evaluate current behaviors to maximize healthy outcomes/rewards
Enhance goal setting skills to create new, positive habits
Analyze areas of your life that affect your happiness
Improve your fitness level by adding more movement to your day
Summary of Week 1:
In this first week, you’ll learn about the psychology of habits. You’ll analyze what triggers your current habits and what types of rewards you get from them. You’ll determine new, healthy behaviors that can supplement your current, unhealthy ones.
In Week 1, you’ll also determine which types of workouts you want to complete and how often you want to complete them. You might be wondering, why is exercise part of a behavior change course? The answer is simple. Exercise improves your physical, cognitive and emotional health. When you move daily your hormones communicate better with each other, thus, providing you with a greater sense of control, calmness and clarity; all of which helps you create better habits.
Summary of Week 2:
In week 2, you’ll build off previous skills and learn how to construct new, healthy, habits. This week is about learning how to set new goals that are attainable and realistic. You’ll continue to analyze various facets of your life and determine areas that can improve with positive behavior change. You’ll also continue your daily exercise routines.
Summary of Week 3:
In the final week, you’ll fine tune your new behaviors and goals and make any adjustments to your new routines. You’ll evaluate your happiness and discover how to be more present and mindful. These skills will, in turn, allow you to be more at peace and will help you adhere to a healthy lifestyle.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone looking to improve their health and fitness
- People with risk factors for preventable diseases
- Anyone struggling with lack of motivation and education surrounding behavior change
I'm a 20-year veteran of the health and wellness industries, based in San Diego, California. I've worked in every facet of fitness from studio curriculum design to continuing education for fitness professionals, as well as exam writing for the American Council on Exercise. I teach in the Health and Exercise Science Department at Southwestern College as well as world renowned Barry's Bootcamp.
- West Chester University - B.S., Kinesiology
- McDaniel College - M.S., Exercise Science
- Workbetter Wellness - Founder/Owner
- Southwestern College - Adjunct Professor
- American Council on Exercise - Master Trainer/Consultant
- Workout Bar
- Barry's Bootcamp
- Fit Athletic
- Lifetime Fitness
- Halozyme Therapeutics
- Helix Environmental
- City of La Mesa
- Ardea Biosciences