Best Wordpress Plugins
What you'll learn
- Install and configure a range of "essential" Wordpress plugins that add features not found in the core Wordpress installation.
- Confidently search, install, activate and configure a range of Wordpress plugins for just about any feature you want to add to your site.
- Students will need a Wordpress website to get the most out of this course.
- Students should have a working knowledge of Wordpress and how it works.
Wordpress is a great site building tool but doesn't come with all of the features you need to create a vibrant, safe and search engine ready website. Fortunately, Wordpress was created in a special way, allowing third party programmers to create and integrate their own features in the form of Wordpress plugins.
The course covers my top 10 plugin recommendations, as well as some of the innovative plugins I use on special projects.
The top 10 plugins will cover the important aspects of your site:
- Search engine optimization - get your site visible in the search engines.
- Site security - stop hackers breaking into your website.
- Comments Spam - how to stop spammers so you don't even see their rubbish.
- Contact forms - giving your visitors a way to contact you.
- Page load speed - making your site faster so pages load more quickly. Visitors love fast loading pages, and so do the search engines.
- Backups - How to backup your website so that you can restore it if anything goes wrong.
- Advertizing - How to insert adverts into your site, just about anywhere you want them.
- Related posts - to keep visitors on your site longer, and spread the link juice around your site with valuable internal links.
- Image lightbox - to help showcase the images embedded in your content.
- Scheduling posts - using a drag-and-drop calendar to schedule your posts for automatic publishing in the future.
Besides these 10 essential plugins, I'll be including a number of innovative plugins that I use on some websites. These plugins will help with a wide range of tasks from internal page linking, adding a Google map to customizing the CSS of your site using a point and click plugin.
I have been building Wordpress websites for over a decade. During that time, I've refined my list of recommended plugins for features that all of my sites really need. This course will help you install, activate and configure these must-have plugins on your own website.
Who this course is for:
- If you are looking to extend the basic features offered by Wordpress using plugins, then this course is for you.
- This course is also for you if you want to learn about innovative, exciting plugins that can take your Wordpress website to the next level.
I have written and published a number of books that are available on Amazon, including books on WordPress ("WordPress for Beginners 2022"), Self-Publishing ("Self-Publishing on Amazon 2022"), and search engine optimization ("SEO 2021"). I also run a website called ezSEONews, where I provide tutorials on a number of skills required for running a successful website.
As an ex-schoolteacher, I hope I can make complicated topics simple to understand. I certainly enjoy trying!