Berlin Relocation Guide
What you'll learn
- The complete guide for fighting bureaucracy and getting started in Berlin for new arrivals
- Action plan for newcomers (what to do when you arrived)
- What is "Anmeldung" and how to do it? Getting registered
- How to get a local phone number, open bank account
- Applying for a Blue Card
- Finding a temporary flat in Berlin
- Common mistakes to avoid during the apartment search
- Getting a tax number / Steuer ID
- Signing up for health / medical and social insurance
- Additional insurance that you will need
- Ticketing system in Berlin / Arriving at the airport
Hallo! Hi there,
Ready to start your new life in Berlin? My online course provides everything you need to know to make a successful move. From navigating the bureaucracy to finding housing, I will guide you every step of the way. Enroll now and start your journey to a new home in one of Europe's most vibrant cities!
I'm Oleks, a Senior Software Engineer working in Berlin in the tech startup scene. I'd like to share the knowledge and experience that I've obtained, cultivated, refined and things observed relocating without any help and living in Berlin since 2015. I knew nothing about Berlin when moved to the city.
Relocating to Berlin can be a daunting experience, but with the right guidance and insider knowledge, you can make a smooth transition to one of Europe's most vibrant cities. In this comprehensive course, you'll learn from a seasoned Berlin resident who has navigated the challenges of moving and settling in firsthand. With exclusive insights and practical tips, you'll discover how to fight bureaucracy, find a temporary flat, register with local authorities, open a bank account, and more. Whether you're a newcomer or simply interested in life in Germany, this course is your ultimate guide to starting a new life in Berlin. Enroll now and make your move with confidence!
Who this course is for:
- This course is ideal for anyone planning to relocate to Berlin or Germany and interested in learning more about life in Germany's capital city.
Oleksandr "Oleks" is a Senior Frontend Engineer based in Berlin.
After moving to Berlin in 2015 he worked for a number of well-known German companies. From Food to, BPMN and FinTech, and most recently improving presentations experience at Pitch.
He got into Frontend development with React on the edge of 2015/2016, fell in love, and been using it in production since then.
Before frontend development he worked in test automation, developing a testing framework(s) and building CI/CD pipelines from scratch. Quality assurance experience helps him better understand user workflows/needs and construct test scenarios on the fly. QA way of thinking led to catching many bugs before they landed in production.
Oleks has full-time, remote, freelance, and relocation experience working in autonomous agile teams following Scrum/Kanban with over 60 nationalities from small startups to medium and big companies.