Learn to play HARMONICA, the easiest instrument to pick up!
- 22.5 hours on-demand video
- 4 articles
- 109 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- how to play the 12 bar blues, chords, rhythms, tone and chugging
- how to breathe properly, use straight and swing rhythms
- how to play single notes with pucker and tongue-blocked embouchures
- scales, modes and positions, single/double/triple tonguing
- how to use major and minor pentatonic scales for improvising and soloing
- how to bend notes, use the hands properly, different types of vibratos and tremolos
- how to play in the Masters' styles - Sonny Terry, Sonnyboy Williamson etc
- All you need is a 10 hole diatonic harmonica in the key of C.
- Even if you've been told you are musically hopeless you can play harmonica! The famous harp slinger Lee Oskar was told that at school!
- You don't need any previous musical experience
- Tone deaf? no problem! You can play harmonica.
Udemy's BEST SELLING ultimate and complete harmonica course - with over 17,000 students.
No harmonica experience? No problem, I'll walk you through nice and slow.
Did you ever fool around with a harmonica as a kid?
Would you like to learn to play the harmonica better now?
Do you play guitar, piano, ukulele or are you a singer and want to add harmonica into your act?
Do you want an instrument that's easy to pick up, store and carry?
Did you inherit a harmonica and want to pay respect to the original owner??
Where you inspired by Bob Dylan, Sonny Terry, Little Walter, Mick Jagger?
Would you like to play in a church, campfire, band or jam session?
Do you think harmonica will help with COPD or other health issues?
Is this a retirement 'bucket-list' project?
If you answered yes to any of those who are in the right place.
This course will help you become a great harmonica player. All you need to do is follow the lectures in order plus some practice and you will start to feel a surge of confidence as you see your skills increasing daily.
This will be exciting, fun, and challenging – I think you will thoroughly enjoy it!
I will be there in the room with you walking you through step by step and holding your hand. You can contact me any time on BenHewlett@me.com or through this site. You can even call me on Messenger, WhatsApp or Skype.
Read the reviews to see what other people think, here are a few:
"Super clear explanation; he taught me more thus far than any book I've tried yet. Two thumbs up!"
"I tried many harmonica beginner courses but this one is the best of all."
"Ben is amazing. He knows how to teach. Highly recommended course."
"This is the best online music lesson course I have taken. Ben is an awesome instructor! Very knowledgeable and has a great style of teaching."
I think people recognise my passion for the harmonica. I’m not someone who plays bass, guitar, piano, drums and sings, records, gigs…I just (mostly) teach harmonica.
Sure I perform sometimes, gig with friends, go to jams, do corporate harp demonstrations but MOSTLY I focus on playing, learning and teaching harmonica.
So if you have a Hohner harmonica, a blues harmonica, hohner special 20, a chromatic harmonica (ok, not that one) a blues harp, a hohner big river, a harmonica holder, a harmonica set…you can start to play now.
Give me a shout if you need any help please.
MY PERSONAL GUARANTEE - I AM SO CONFIDENT YOU WILL LOVE THIS COURSE THAT IF YOU DON'T, AND SO FAR ALL BUT ONE PERSON WAS HAPPY, I WILL REFUND YOU ALL THE MONEY (within 30 days of purchasing) WITH NO QUESTIONS ASKED. THIS IRONCLAD GUARANTEE IS BACKED UP BY UDEMY.
This big course contains some smaller courses (don't buy them twice) such as:
7 days crash course – learn harmonica in a week
Trainsounds for harmonica players
Basic 12 bar blues foundation
Masterclass on Improving Tone
12 bar blues bassline
Box patterns – radical playing ideas
Love me Do
Big Walter Horton – Easy
Note bending (simple)
Note bending (advanced)
- This is for you if you fancy having a go at the harmonica.
- And if you've played a bit and need a refresh you will be amazed what you learn on this course.
- Intermediate players will also learn heaps. Look through the lectures and see what we cover - everyone will learn something.
- We all had a harmonica as a kid - now' it's time to reconnect with this amazing little toy!
Welcome to the course! This is a bundle of my best, most popular and most recent courses bundles together into a seamless learning package. Take them in order please. If you are not a beginner just skim through the first ones until you hit your level - you are bound to learn something new!
Here are some ways to hold the harmonica and thoughts and exercises on breathing.
English kids who learnt from a video lesson I gave them - I never taught them directly.