Being Strategic: Thinking and Acting with Impact
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 7 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Identify the strategic differentiation and capabilities that set your company apart
- Organize work across three organizational systems, and protect your most competitive work
- Define your role to make maximum strategic impact on your company’s performance
- Deal with the pressures and challenges of doing more strategic work
- Basic business acumen (for example, an understanding of financial metrics like profit and loss)
- Basic understanding of how your company competes and operates (key customers and competitors, and how the organization is set up (functions, regions, etc.))
I’m sure you’ve heard the term “strategic thinking,” but what does that actually mean? An internet search reveals more definitions of it than you can count. You know you want to be recognized as someone who is strategic, have your ideas heard, and make a difference for your company, but you’re not sure where to start.
This course cuts through all of the mythology and mystique and gets down to the concrete focus and actions it takes to think and act strategically. With a 30+ year track record accompanying leaders on some of their most important strategic transformations, instructor Ron Carucci will walk you step by step through understanding the fundamentals of strategy, and how to focus your job on the most strategic opportunities your company cares about. You’ll learn about
What competitive differentiation means, and how to identify where your company sets itself apart from the competition
How organizations separate critical work across the operating, coordinating and strategic systems of your company
The difference between competitive work, competitive-enabling work, and business-essential work, and how to optimize your day for the greatest impact and satisfaction
This course will become your go-to resource for helping you and your team raise your game, focusing on the most important strategic activities you can to drive performance for your company. It will demystify all of the confusion about what strategy and strategic thinking does, and does not, mean. You’ll walk away with concrete tools you and your team can use to redefine the focus of your work, set and keep strategic priorities, and deal with the pressures and challenges of thinking and acting more strategically.
- You are a leader with ambitions to make important impact on your company’s performance; you desire to become “more strategic,” or have been given feedback that you need to be but aren’t quite sure what it means or where to start.
- You feel like your organization isn’t focused on the most important priorities, or that they keep shifting, but aren’t quite sure why. You know you and your team can add greater strategic value, and you need to figure out how to make it happen.
- You are tired of putting out fires all day and not feeling like you’re working on the most important things your company needs you to focus on; you want to figure out how to shift your attention to the things that will be deeply gratifying, give you a sense of purpose, and actually have impact.