Being Happy: Your guide to true & lasting happiness
- An open mind
- A willingness to change, move out of your comfort zone
- The willingness to put the ideas into practice in the days, weeks and months to come
True happiness, lasting happiness can be achieved through a process known as Self-Actualisation, or Self-Realisation. This is a natural state and within the reach of all human beings. It comes from having satisfied all of one’s human needs.
This is the kind of happiness that cannot be obtained through the acquisition of things. The fleeting gratification in receiving goods or services is not true happiness. That is an illusion created by our global consumer society. I am not suggesting that you should avoid having nice things, just that they are not a source of true happiness.
Truly happy people are Self-Actualised (SA) people, so called because they are a much fuller expression of their unique human potential than non SA people. The state has been given many labels, enlightened or awakened being two of them. In Zen, it is described Satori.
While you cannot order happiness on demand, you can create the right conditions in yourself for Self-Actualisation to occur. This eBook describes what these conditions are, and how you might go about creating them. The rest is up to you.
Dr. David Tuffley, and experienced teacher and researcher takes you through a series of short videos that paint a portrait of the self-actualising person that you can learn from and emulate in your own life. If you take this course, follow its advice and put the principles into practice in your own life, you make it much more likely that you will experience true happiness. Enrol today, consider it an investment in your future happiness.
- People recovering from past hurt, PTSD
- People suffering from Depression
- People who worry too much what other people think
- People who want to be more creative
- People who want to experience life wholeheartedly in the Now
- Everyone who wants to be happier in their day to day life
- Experience life wholeheartedly, now06:54
- Experiencing life wholeheartedly, now2 questions
- Your primary reality is a rich inner life06:16
- Your primary reality is a rich inner life2 questions
- Honesty with oneself07:15
- Honesty with oneself2 questions
- Listen to your own tastes04:55
- Listen to your own tastes2 questions
- Know thyself06:03
- Know thyself2 questions
- Accept the world as it is08:05
- Accept the world as it is2 questions
- Original & unorthodox06:02
- Original & unorthodox2 questions
- A sense of purpose & gratitude08:12
- A sense of purpose & gratitude2 questions
- Private2 questions
- Autonomous2 questions
- An example of a peak experience13:13
- Conclusion - wrapping it all up08:49
David Tuffley PhD is a lecturer in Applied Ethics & SocioTechnical Studies at Griffith University in Australia. David is a published author with 42 titles in print and eBook, as well as an experienced and engaging public speaker with a reputation for teaching excellence.
Before academia, David was an IT industry consultant for 15 years in Australia and the United Kingdom working for large public and private sector organisations.
David is has written widely in the Classics through to the latest technology, and includes Psychology, Anthropology, Architecture, Philosophy, Comparative Religions and Creativity/Innovation. He actively contributes to the news media on Socio-Technical topics.