Being An Effective Presenter
- Access to a computer or mobile device with a good internet connection
- Self awareness of what you do well and where you struggle when it comes to ceating and delivering presentations
- A willingness to take what you learn and put it into practice
- A genuine desire to improve as a presenter
Being able to present is a core skill for any professional. Some just appear to be naturals. But many struggle.
The reality is that with the right help and support you can be creating and delivering great presentations every time, no matter how difficult or complex the information you have to deliver.
If you are a professional in a functional role in an organisation and have to present information to small or large groups and you want to get better at presenting this course is for you.
The course is for you if you want to:
- Overcome the common barriers or mindsets that get in the way of presenting
- Know how to create great presentations quickly and easily
- Know how to practice your presentation effectively
- Learn techniques to help you manage nerves when presenting
- Deliver an effective presentation every time
- Be better at dealing with questions that are raised as a result of your presentation.
The course is divided into 24 lectures. Most of these are short lectures of around 2 minutes duration. Supplementary materials such as checklists and text are included.
Completion of this course will take in the region of 1.5 to 2 hours, depending on the amount of time you take to complete the activities associated with each lecture.
10 reasons why you would want to take this course:
Reason #1: You have to deliver presentations but have little or no past training on how to do it.
Reason #2: You know your subject content well but lack confidence in communicating it to others.
Reason #3: You have too much content and struggle to determine what to include and what to leave out of your presentation.
Reason #4: You think you are no good at presenting and so tend to avoid it if you can.
Reason #5: You want a structure for creating a presentation that you can use over and over again
Reason #6: You want to make an impact when presenting
Reason #7: You want to achieve your intended outcome when it comes to presenting
Reason #8: You want to positively influence when presenting
Reason #9: You want to get even better at presenting
Reason #10: You want to be successful in your career
- Other professionals
- Individuals who have to present to small and larger groups
- Those who want a clear structure for creating and delivering presentations so that they are less nervous and more confident
- Introduction and Course Overview02:37
- Barrier 1: You02:10
- Barrier 2: PowerPoint01:45
- Barrier 3: Planning and Preparation02:36
- Success Foundation 1: Start With The End In Mind02:21
- Success Foundation 2: Research Your Audience02:09
- Success Foundation 3: Coming Up With A Long List of Content05:59
- Success Foundation 4: Shortlist Content02:31
- Success Foundation 5: Testing01:58
- Success Foundation 6: Audio and Video Practice03:46
- Success Foundation 7: Practice In Front Of Others02:37
- Dealing With Nerves01:47
- Avoid Getting Tongue Tied Exercise Your Voice Muscles02:23
- Exercise Your Voice Muscles01:48
- The Opening02:18
- During The Presentation02:37
- Closing Your Presentation01:58
- The 3 Golden Rules Of Question Handling02:36
- Course Quiz10 questions
- What's Next00:44
- Your Feedback00:23
- Bonus Lecture: Duncan 10 minute presentation10:35
Duncan is Managing Director of Goals and Achievements and helps accountants and professionals to be more successful in their careers
He is an accountant and consultant by profession. Prior to setting up the company spent 25 years working in major organisations including the NHS, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Ernst & Young as well as a major UK high street retail bank. He is a former Finance Director
Duncan specialises in helping accountants and professionals land their next job and be better presenters, business partners and leaders.
Since 2006, he has helped over 7,000 accountants and professionals to be more successful in their career.
He is a Fellow of The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, a Certified Professional Coach and a Team Coach Facilitator.