Behavioral Psychology: Understanding Human Behavior
What you'll learn
- Understand the basic processes that motivate organisms to take actions.
- Understand why we react and behave in certain ways.
- Learn how to predict and control of behavior, based primarily on observable phenomena.
- Explore the basic principles of behavioral psychology.
- Understand how to adjust your environment in such a way that it makes it easier to adopt good habits.
- Thorough dives into strategies that you can adopt to improve your self-control skills.
- Get a firm grasp of the two fundamental ways of acquiring knowledge.
- Learn how to create schedules of reinforcement to motivate yourself and others to adopt a desirable behavior.
- Find out how the individual behavior is constructed as part of a larger social scheme.
- Learn how to use classical conditioning to your benefit.
- Explore the most efficient schedules to motivate and maintain behaviors.
- Learn about self-control and its importance.
- Learn about the origins of behaviorism.
- And much more!
- Willingness to enrich your knowledge.
Have you ever wondered why we prefer doing certain things while avoid others?
Why do we develop these preferences?
Behavioral psychology or behaviorism is the scientific study and analysis of our behaviors.
According to behavioral psychology all our behaviors are shaped through our interactions with our environment. We learn what behaviors wield positive and negative outcomes and we respond accordingly. Less focus is placed on the role of internal processes, such as emotions and thinking, on motivating behavior.
This is one of the major benefits that behaviorism offers, because it allows us to study observable behaviors in a systematic manner. By doing so we learn how to predict how the behavior will change if we change the environment. By extension apart from predicting we can also control behavior.
Since it emerged in the early 20th century it has become a significant force in psychology, with applications on education, psychotherapy and marketing, among others.
In this course we will explore how we learn to adopt behaviors, why we react and behave in certain ways, we will discover patterns in our actions.
Everything you will learn in this course will help you predict how humans behave, it will help you shape future behavior, and build better habits.
You will also better understand your own behavior and take measures to improve it. In this course will learn about self-control and its importance, as well as strategies that you can adopt to improve your self-control skills.
We will also explore how the individual behavior is constructed as part of a larger social scheme.
Understanding behavioral psychology is imperative because it allows you to better understand why others react and behave in certain ways, and it will make it easier for you to directly influence their behaviors.
Enroll now and let's get started!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in behavioral psychology.
I am a udemy instructor. I am very passionate at sharing the knowledge I gained throughout the years and after extensive studies, with my students. I am very proud to present you with my courses. These courses are created after thorough work, to deliver you the best learning experience possible. I hope that you will find the knowledge provided as invaluable as I did.