Beginning Spray Paint Art
What you'll learn
- Students will learn about the tools and techniques needed to paint 10 spray paint art paintings that will sell
- Have an open mind, be fun loving and have a desire for a challenge!
Believe it or not spray paint art has been around since the 1980s! It is one of the most versatile and easiest mediums that, once mastered, can be used to create fast and amazing works of art.
The techniques that I will show you are things that you can master in a minimum amount of time that will allow you to create your own masterpieces that sell!
What you will learn by the end of this course:
1. Introduction to spray paint art
2. Materials and tools that you will be needed to get started including; the correct mask to wear to avoid damage to your lungs, different brands of spray paint, different caps you can use on your spray paint, brushes and palatte knives, paper and canvas and different tools you can use to create textures.
3. You learn a little spray paint art history, how to make your practice sessions count, advertising, packaging your art, handling your customers and where to sell.
4. Using stencils. As a matter of fact I will provide you with stencils. All you have to do is cut them out!
5. You will finish this course with the knowledge and capability to produce 10 paintings using spray paint that will sell!
Who this course is for:
- Beginning spray paint artists or anyone that wants to learn new techniques or artists that want to learn new paintings or techniques.
I've been involved with art in one way or another since the early 1980s when I started painting miniature figures to use in paying role playing games (yeah, I'm a geek!).
I graduated to drawing with pastels and had quite a collection. I had to stop using pastels when it was found out that I had an intense allergic reaction to the dust generated whenever I used them.
I moved onto drawing with charcoal and painting with acrylics and making and selling gold and silver jewelry from lost wax casting.
I started dabbling in spray paint art during the summer of 2013. Mostly just playing with it, not really anything serious at all. I was mostly throwing away what I was painting. A neighbor stopped by and grabbed some of my paintings from my trash. When I went to my neighbors house several weeks later she had purchased frames and hung them up in her house!
The next year, 2014, I set up a booth at the Ogden Farmer's Market. I spent that entire summer painting furiously to keep up with demand. The next year I raised prices but still had to paint everyday. Several years later Gallery 25, an art gallery located on the same street as The Ogden Farmer's Market asked me sell in front of their gallery and also paint while people watched. The reaction was amazing. I now sell my paintings at three stores in the local area.
I started a Youtube channel, not so much to make money but I wanted to track my progress and document my techniques so I could recreate the technique. I started tossing around the idea of creating a Udemy course.
People always ask how much I charge to teach spray paint art. To be honest, if I taught classes that would take time away from me being able to paint so I decline every time. Then I found Udemy.
LOL, why not make a course or two?
1st Place, Davis-Monthan AFB Artists Competition, 1990
Best In Show, Davis-Monthan AFB Artists Competition, 1990
Weber County Faire, 3rd Place, 2016
2nd Place, 309 SWEG Art Competition, 2016
1st Place, 309 SWEG Art Competition, 2017