Beginning Kubernetes: Practical Guide with Hands-on Approach
What you'll learn
- Learn about Container Orchestration and why it is important
- What is Kubernetes and how come it is so popular?
- Understand the Kubernetes Architecture
- Setup your own Kubernetes multi-node cluster
- Grasp the Kubernetes fundamentals like Pods, ReplicaSets, Deployments and Services
- Learn how to deploy, run and expose a multi-tier web microservice based application on a Kubernetes cluster
- Basic understanding of Docker containers
- Basic understanding of AWS EC2 is preferred, but not required
- A Windows, Mac or Linux Computer
- Preliminary knowledge of Linux
Welcome to this course on Kubernetes - the only course you need to take to get started with the fundamentals of Kubernetes. This course is aimed at Kubernetes beginners, with zero knowledge of Kubernetes. After you have completed the course, you will be ready to deploy your own applications to a Kubernetes environment.
Kubernetes is a Container Orchestration Engine that was developed by Google and then later open-sourced. It was built to solve many of the challenges with running containers on a large scale. There’s no denying that Kubernetes has now become the de-facto gold standard for container orchestration - and Kubernetes continues to rise in popularity as the most adopted container orchestration tool.
I have distilled my professional experience of using Kubernetes in real-world large-scale enterprise-grade projects for years into this particular course so that you can benefit from it without having to spend countless hours going through the hoops. I am also a Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) & a Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD).
Learning Kubernetes is an absolute must for any DevOps professional these days. So, if you are on the fence, dive right in and follow along on this exciting journey.
This course emphasizes learning by doing hands-on lessons. Every major concept has a theory section followed by a hands-on tutorial!
To summarize, you will learn:
· What is Container Orchestration and why it is important
· What is Kubernetes? and how come it is so popular?
· Understand the Kubernetes Architecture at a high level
· Grasp the Kubernetes fundamentals like Pods, ReplicaSets, Deployments, and Services
· Finally, learn how to deploy, run, and expose a multi-tier microservice-based web application on a Kubernetes cluster
Who this course is for:
- Architects, Tech Leads, DevOps Professional and Developers interested in learning Kubernetes
I am a Solutions Architect with 16 years of IT experience - I have worked with the AWS platform for more than 10 years. I hold 5 AWS certifications including AWS Solutions Architect Professional, AWS DevOps Professional, and all the 3 AWS associate certifications. I am also Kubernetes certified and hold both CKA and CKAD. I have a tonne of experience Architecting & Developing scalable fault-tolerant distributed systems.