Beginning Flute Lessons
What you'll learn
- By the end of this course, you will be able to play the flute.
- In this course, you will learn how to get a sound, learn about note values and names, to playing songs.
- You will need a flute and the music book: "Rubank Elementary Method for Flute and Piccolo" by A.C. Petersen
- It is suggested that you also get a music stand and a metronome
Roberta Hayes, a professional flutist and teacher for over 34 years, will teach you everything you need to know about playing the flute, from the beginning to the intermediate level. This course is designed for beginners. You will start with the basics and work through a variety of lessons to get to the intermediate stage. Within a short time, you will be playing songs and melodies to impress your friends and family, as well as bring a lifetime of enjoyment to your own life.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone from 8 to 80. You don't even have to know music before starting this course, just a willingness to learn how to play an instrument.
AA Music Education, BS Visual Arts Education, MS Visual Arts Education, MS Language Arts Education, Computer Endorsement, Distance Education Certification, Gifted/Talented Curriculum Development Endorsement, Reading/Literacy Endorsement
I have been teaching one thing or another off-and-on for over 34 years. I taught private music lessons for 21 years (flute and piano), swim lessons and life guarding/CPR for the Red Cross for 8 years, art teacher (HS and elementary) 5 years, music teacher (elementary) 3 years, and reading (elementary) 1 year. I currently teach the following courses online for Indiana University (10 years), Taylor University (7 years) and Indiana Wesleyan University (10 years): Music and Art history, Art Appreciation, Business Communications 1 & 2, Creative Writing, American Literature, and a professional development course for teachers: Art in the K-12 Classroom.