Excel 2016 - Top Beginners Guide - Start Now
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 4 articles
- 9 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Feel confident that they understand some Excel fundamentals
- Add, delete, hide and resize columns and rows manually and using autofit.
- Understand and add to sparklines to a spreadsheet to enchance its value
- Sort and filter data to make it useable
- Take raw data and turn it into a business ready presentable file
- Apply common formatting to a worksheet
- Effectively use autofill and flashfill so you are more productive
- Students should have the Excel 2016. While some things of very similiar in older versions of Excel, to get the best results download the latest version. While you can learn some things from just watching the videos, to get the highest results you really need to follow along.
Learn key concepts and skills that you will need to build proficiency in Microsoft Excel so you will be prepared to get a job, secure a promotion or just be a better entrepreneur.
Build a strong foundation in Excel (which is proven to be an important job and business skill) with this tutorial specifically designed for beginners. Learn about:
- Entering and Editing Data Fast;
- Selecting Ranges Wisely;
- Using Key Formatting Tools Efficiently;
- Inserting Charts and Sparklines Quickly;
- Solving A Common Business Assignment Effectively;
- And Much More
A Powerful Skill at Your Fingertips Learning the fundamentals of Excel puts a powerful and very useful job securing tool at your fingertips. Excel is easy to learn and is essential to many jobs in this knowledge-based economy.
Knowing how to use Excel can be a key factor in determining whether you get a job or secure a promotion. You can learn Excel and I make it easy for your by giving you job relevant skills and using real world scenarios to keep it interesting for you.
Content and Overview Designed specifically for beginners who want a to get right to the important material. Through this course you'll learn some of the fundamentals and establish a strong understanding of the how to work smart in Microsoft Excel.
Starting with identifying the elements on a worksheet, this course will take you through some basic Excel Skills like inserting columns and entering data quickly to completing a real world business assignment using Excel. By working with these lessons, you'll a establish a strong understanding of the basics of Excel.
Students completing the course will have the knowledge to create and manipulate a basic Excel spreadsheet quickly and with ease.
It is important that you work alongside the author as you work through each concept as this will give you the confidence and knowledge to move on to the next level.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Learn some of the fundamentals of Microsoft Excel 2016.
- Short videos that each deal with only a few concepts to make it easy to digest.
- Suitable for beginners in Excel and ideal for users who learn faster when shown.
- Visual training method, offering users increased retention and accelerated learning.
- Real World assignment to increase retention in adult students.
- The Excel 2016 course is for absolute beginners in Excel who really want to take the first step to learning how to become effective and efficient at using Excel 2016. You will understand not just what to do by why you do it. This is not for intermediate or advanced users of any version of Excel. It is also not for those who want to compare this version of Excel with previous versions.
These are just two articles that highlight the importance of Excel skills for job-seekers and promotion-seekers.
Learn the different parts of an Excel Worksheet. Here you will learn:
- The definition a cell
- How to navigate to the very bottom of a Worksheet
- How to navigate to the far right of a worksheet
- The definition and use of the name box and the formula bar
- How to create more worksheets to your spreadsheet file.
Learn how to enter data into a worksheet and how to identify different data types. You will learn:
- How to open a previously saved spreadsheet;
- Using the autocomplete feature;
- The difference between using the enter key and the arrow keys to enter data.
Learn how to safely remove information from your worksheet. Learn how to remove the data after it is entered or while you are entering it.
Learn how to select the specific set of data on which you desire to work. This is key in Excel as you may not want to apply the same commands and formats to all the data on the worksheet.
In this video you will learn:
- How to select a range;
- Why there is always one cell that looks like it is not selected.
Learn how to select non-contiguous ranges. In this video you will learn how to:
- Why you may need to select non-contiguous ranges
- How to select a non-contiguous ranges
Learn a key secret to using Excel quickly. Many people overlook the power of this feature.
In this video you will learn:
- Why I think the context sensitive menu can be the key to solving many Excel problems;
- How to use the context sensitive effectively;
- What the term "context-sensitive menu" means when you are working with Excel.
Learn how to insert a column in Excel and when this can be useful.
In this video you will learn how to:
- Insert a column using the context sensitive menu;
- Insert a column using the Insert command on the Ribbon;
- What to look out for if you insert a column using the Ribbon command.
Autofit and Autofill are key productivity tools in Excel and using them effectively is critical to become a proficient Excel user.
In this video you will learn how to:
- Use autofit to quickly change the size of a column;
- Use autofill to quickly fill in a range of data;
- Review functions to make sure they update.
Learn about deleting and hiding columns of data. Please note that this also works on rows.
In this video learn:
- How to delete a row of data;
- What happens to calculated data when you delete some input;
- How to delete a column of data;
- What happens to adjacent columns and rows when you delete a column or row;
- How to hide or unhide a column or a row.
Learn how to change the width of multiple columns quickly using autofit.
You will learn:
- How to properly select columns that you want to autofit;
- How you mouse pointer must look to get autofit to work.
It is very important that you have followed along and performed each task in each lecture. If you have not done so, please go back and listen to each of the previous lessons and perform each skill learned on the downloadable file in lecture 8. For your convenience I have provided a copy for the finished file in lecture 26.
If you want to have the richest experience and gain the most from this course, please do not proceed to the next section until you have mastered the tasks in all the proceeding lectures.
Thank you! I sincerely believe in you and want you to succeed.