What you'll learn
- How to hold, tune and strum the Ukulele
- How to play 4 different Chords
- How to read Tab (music)
- How to play melodies/tunes
- Beginners welcome, no prior knowledge necessary
- This course is intended for Ukuleles with a gCEA tuning (which is most), not typically a Baritone Uke
My name is Rose and I'm all about making instruments more accessible and embracing the 'little and often' approach to practice.
In this course we will look at:
· How to hold, tune and strum your ukulele
· How to strum your first few chords
· How to read music in the form of TAB
· How to play well known melodies/tunes
With every section there are videos and Tab pdfs as well as mp3s as a guide for the songs that we will cover.
This course is packed with top tips such as how to overcome pain when you play, the best way to practice effectively and how to continue developing your skills once you've completed this course.
The first video is where you will see all of me and learn the basics of holding your instrument and after that it's close ups on the Ukulele so you can see exactly what I'm doing and which fingers are playing which string.
I've endeavoured to make this course as user friendly as possible, nursing an environment of embracing our mistakes and encouraging patience. There is no pressure to do the whole course in a week, or even a month.
Go at your own pace, 'little and often'
Who this course is for:
- Beginner Ukulele players
I'm a professional singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist and music tutor. I've been tutoring for over 12 years and have taught students of all ages and abilities.
I am a trained Music Teacher, holding a PGCE in Music Secondary as well as a BA (Hons), Silver Arts Award, Grade 5 Classical Singing and Grade 7 Music Theory.
I have also released seven albums independently (of original music) which you can listen to and purchase online via Spotify, Googleplay, Itunes and Amazon Music.