- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 36 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Play 'Happy Birthday' on the ukulele in 3 different ways.
- Play using both fingerstyle and strumming.
- Have a basic understanding of melody and chords.
- A ukulele, access to a tuner and a desire to learn.
- No need to be able to read music.
Learn to play Happy Birthday on the ukulele. This course is aimed at beginners. There is no need to be able to read music or even have picked up a ukulele. All you need is a ukulele, access to a tuner and a desire to learn.
This course will start right at the beginning - showing you: what the different parts of the ukulele are, how to tune the ukulele and how to use the resources for this course.
We will then move on to playing the tune of Happy Birthday. By the end of the course, you well be able to play three different versions - the melody line on its own using fingerstyle, the chords using strumming and a developed version combining the chords with a new rhythm. This gives you a great introduction to the different sounds your ukulele can make.
Resources at each stage will include easy-to-read diagrams, tablature (TAB), charts and mp3 playalongs. The sheet music is also provided for those who are interested but there is no need to be able to read them.
- Anyone who wants to learn how to play the ukulele – fingerstyle and strumming.
Tuning the ukulele. By the end of this lesson students will be able to tune their ukulele.
Open string pairs on the ukulele. By the end of this lesson students will be able to play the 3 open string pairs needed for the melody version of Happy Birthday.