WordPress for Beginners
What you'll learn
- You will be able to create and configure a fully functional WordPress driven website from scratch
- You will have a thorough understanding of how to setup WordPress within your hosting account
- You will have a thorough understanding of WordPress settings
- You will be able to customize WordPress visually and functionally.
- You will have a thorough understanding of how to structure WordPress to fit your site's needs
- You will be able to manage content within a WordPress site and have a thorough understanding of how it will work and flow.
- You will be able to setup and manage domain name registrations
- You will be able to setup and manage a web hosting account
- You will be able to setup users in WordPress and assign appropriate permissions to allow creating content or managing content
- The goal is to help you get WordPress working, setup, with no previous wordpress experience
- How to use a computer and access the Internet
Welcome to WordPress for Beginners !
The WordPress for Beginners Guide shows you how to setup and create a complete site using WordPress. This is an easy to follow, simple and straight forward guide that takes you through the process of creating a complete, fully functional and professional website, for any purpose, as a beginner using WordPress.
Even if you don't have or know how to obtain a domain name, I show you how to go from step 1 of getting a domain name, all the way to going live with an easy to manage, great looking complete site using WordPress.
In this extensive, very easy to follow step-by-step wordpress for beginners guide you'll learn:
- How to setup and configure a domain name
- How to setup and configure a hosting account
- How to install and setup WordPress
- How to customize WordPress into a fully functional website
- How to use Plugins in WordPress to enhance your sites capabilities
- What each setting in WordPress is for and how to configure the settings to make your site work exactly how you want it to
- How to thoroughly test your new WordPress site and fix issues
- Going Live with WordPress and your site
This guide is broken down into four (4) easy to digest sections, each with several videos where I take you step by step through the entire process of setting up a website using WordPress. The course is designed with the WordPress beginner in mind, but I also cover some sections for the total domain and website novice, showing you every step in creating a domain name, hosting, and all the steps to installing and setting up WordPress and customizing it to your liking.
This is a "point and click" course, meaning you won't be learning complicated HTML or PHP coding, but rather an approach that anyone can master, no matter your experience level. You can know nothing about setting up a website and within a couple hours have a beautiful and fully functioning website up and running.
If you are a beginner to WordPress or even domains/hosting and website creation, you'll benefit from this course immensely.
If you're looking for a simple, step-by-step, beginner's guide to setting up a website or WordPress, than this is definitely the course for you.
Who this course is for:
- This course is intended for beginners who don't know how to install or configure WordPress
- If you don't know how to setup a website, this course is a perfect start for you!
- No experience with setting up a website, domain, etc of any kind is required.
- If you're familiar with how to setup a WordPress site and configure it to meet your needs, then this course is probably not for you.
- Anyone wanting to learn wordpress basics
- Anyone who wants to learn to setup wordpress
- Anyone who wants to start hosting their own WordPress site
I'm a poet and a writer, and truly an artist at heart. I've always had a knack for figuring out technical things however, and have held several jobs as a technology consultant.
Since 2009 I've run a consulting firm in Chattanooga TN helping small businesses implement and leverage technology and the web. In 2005 I became involved in Internet Marketing, successfully starting several websites and blogs since.
My expertise in consulting and technology is teaching and helping the beginner.