Beginner's Guide to Video Editing in DaVinci Resolve 17
What you'll learn
- Video editing workflows that you can use to take your raw footage into well editing clips
- Utilize special effects, titles, audio effects, and animation to enhance your videos
- Customizations you can make with Resolve's powerful Fusion, Color, and Fairlight Pages
- Learn the basics of the essential pages of Resolve from Media for importing assets to Deliver for exporting videos
- Ideally, you should download DaVinci Resolve 17 off the Black Magic Design website for free before starting the course.
- Only the free version is required, the paid version of Resolve 17 is completely optional for this course.
This is a quick start guide on how to use DaVinci Resolve 17 to edit your videos. The top goal of the course is to familiarize yourself with the different stages of the video editing workflow in Resolve and to learn many of the basic tools and options you may want to use for editing many different types of videos. We'll cover setting up resolve, adding transitions, adding special visual effects including custom titles on the Fusion page, audio editing, and of course topping everything off with how to export your videos.
By the end of the course you should have a good idea how to take your raw videos and turn them into reasonably edited final video with an collection of techniques and effects to assist in your editing process.
Here are some of the key topics in the course
Customizing DaVinci Resolve Preferences and Project Settings for Your Projects
Importing Assets to Use in Resolve
Timeline Edits including the Blade and Trim Tools
Video, Transition, and Audio Effects
Using and Editing Titles
Creating Custom Titles and Node Setups in the Fusion Page
Color Grading Tools such as Lookup Tables, Auto Color, and the Color Wheels
Masking with Power Windows, Face Tracking, and Blur Effects
Removing Green Screens and Replacing with Backgrounds of Choice
Audio Effects and Mixer Tools
Who this course is for:
- Students whom have little experience editing videos but want to learn starting from scratch with Resolve
- People returning to Resolve or want to keep their skills up to date by learning about some of the new features in Resolve 17
My philosophy in information technology and learning in general is that video learning is the one of the best ways to learn things yourself. I can provide the videos but it's up to you as my student to absorb and practice the information to become a more educated and skilled person.
If you want to get a taste of my approach to education and tutorial series, you can find me on my channel.