A Beginner's Guide to Data Visualization
What you'll learn
- Understand the fundamentals of data visualization
- Identify and learn about chart types and data visualization tools
- Learn about the examples of interactive visualizations build upon real-world data
- Complete hands-on visualization tutorials from start to finish
- No prior experience with data visualization is required. You will learn everything you will need to create your first interactive data visualization.
In this course, I will show you the step-by-step process to create interactive maps and graphs from almost any kind of data that you have access to. And best of all, you don’t need to have any prior experience or knowledge with data visualization before taking this course. By advancing your visualization skills, you can improve your presentation effectiveness through engaging storytelling.
Whether you are a complete beginner or an aspiring professional, this course may offer something new to you. After taking this online course, you will be able to define different chart types and visualization tools. You will also learn how to import your data and create a stunning visualization using the hands-on tutorials offered in this course.
This online course is consisted of 6 chapters to walk you step-by-step through the process of understanding the fundamentals of data visualization followed by a unique collection of fascinating data visualizations to get you inspired and motivated. Best of all, you don't need to have any prior knowledge of data visualization or coding to get started and get your hands dirty with your first data visualization project. The links to the example data sources for both tutorials are provided in the descriptions for Chapter 5 and 6.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone who is interested in expanding their storytelling and presentation skills with powerful and interactive data visualiazations.
Lecture Factory provides a unique collection of high-quality online courses and tutorials. Our instructors have an extensive background in academic teaching, education, and research. We are focusing on the quality of these online courses to deliver high-quality instructions and tutorials. We are constantly expanding and developing our online course catalog.
We have taught hundreds of students via online courses and live sessions on different topics related to Civil Engineering, Data Visualization, and Applied Machine Learning for Engineers.
Our expertise includes:
- Highway Geometric Design
- Pavement Design and Analysis
- Transportation Engineering
- Civil Engineering Materials
- Data Analytics for Civil Engineers
- Intelligent Construction
- Sustainability and Resiliency