German for beginners - for business or holidays - and more!
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 12 articles
- 32 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Have a basic conversation in German
- Read basic instructions in German
- Have an understanding of German numbers from 0 to 100
- Buy clothing/ food/ drinks etc.. in German
- Ask for directions
- Have a great holiday in Germany
- Show prospective new clients the willingness to learn their language
- No previous knowledge of German required!
- Pen and paper for making notes
- A cup of coffee or tea and a good mood (not really essential but helpful)
- A sense of humour. Learning German with a smile is a lot more fun that without :)
December 2018: This course has been updated to accommodate more lectures. It still has the 30 day challenge but now also has 2 extra sections with additional lectures to take you beyond the challenge.
A 30 day challenge to learn enough German to help you feel less daunted and have a great time on your first trip to Germany.
If you are a busy person who finds it hard to fit in time for language lessons, then this course is perfect for you!
Each topic comes in a bite-sized challenge, lasting no more than 5 - 10 (a few maybe 15) minutes work a day, followed by a revision quiz on the following day.
This will be enough to make you feel less uncomfortable when in Germany and people speak to you or you read German instructions.
A final assignment will also help with more personal details you might need for your trip to Germany.
And for the business person, who wants to exhibit in Germany or who is meeting a prospective client - this course may just help you get that deal!
Contrary to popular belief, not all Germans do speak English - and even if they do, a few polite sentences in German may just be what they needed to hear to be persuaded to buy from you.
Topics in the challenge covered are:
My name is ...
I come from ...
I live in ...
four little words
Do you speak English?
days of the week
numbers from 0 - 10
numbers from 11- 20
numbers from 21 - 100
What's the time?
How much does it cost?
buying train tickets
body part and illnesses
booking a hotel room
at the restaurant
And now even more:
Du or Sie?
Special dietary requirements
extra listening and reading exercises
and more to come...
- Absolute beginners, who want to go on holidays in Germany.
- Business people who are hoping to exhibit in Germany or meet prospective clients, but don't speak any German.
- This course could also be a refresher course for those who did learn German some time ago and can't remember much.
A list of dictionaries which might be useful for looking up new words.