Beginners Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) .
What you'll learn
- Read a Geometric dimensioned drawing
- Know when to use GD&T and when to stick with traditional drawing techniques.
- Spot key features on a drawing.
- At the end of this course you will know if learning some of the more advanced techniques is for you.
- We develop a part and draw it with you, so you do not need any pre-requisites to take this course, but a word of warning, GD&T is not an easy subject, you should have an aptitude for logic and some adding skills.
In this course we will design make and measure a common part using GD&T
In less than one hour you will have a basic understanding of how GD&T works, you will know what to look for in a drawing and know the types of things you can achieve with this process.
If you are aware of GD&T but have no idea how to read it, then this course is for you.
Easy to understand language with simple examples to develop each new point take all the stress out of learning the topic.
This is lesson one, it is designed to ease you into the subject, you can take your time and decide if you want more.
Who this course is for:
- This GD&T course is designed for people who have no training in the subject at all.
- This is a great starter program for those who have tried but never really got the hang of it
- This is a great way to find out if the format we use is right for you, we know there are lots of ways to slice and dice training programs, if you are interested in learning GD&T why not see if our method is right for you.
Dr. Stevan W. Hartshorn (M. Ed. D.A.), lead author for Sensiom's "Express Solution to Better Grades" and author of the educational research titled "Success in the Face of Failure," an extensive background in developing learning strategies for adults and children. Stevan's academic qualifications began with a Higher National Diploma in Teaching and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology. He then obtained a Masters of Education in Mathematics, which culminated in a Doctor of Arts in Education.
Ben S.L. Hartshorn BSc. - Comp. Sci, brings a background in computer science and an expertise in Office applications. He holds a high standard for quality coupled with a strong skill for making complex subjects easy to understand. These skills have led to the development of online learning courses. Ben brings attention to detail and an element of fun to everything he creates.