Pilates For Real Bodies - Mat Beginner
What you'll learn
- A core workout
- Full body strength and flexibility
- Safe movement on the mat
- The "scoop and imprint" bracing of the core
- The 6 Pilates principles: Control, Balance, Breath, Center, Focus, Precision
- This course is for beginners.
- A mat for the floor is advised but not necessary
In this program, you will learn the foundational exercises of mat Pilates in short segments. Each segment increases in difficulty until you are ready to experience a full 45 minute class. I give you cues to support you as you learn this challenging and rewarding format. We will cover proper breathing, core placement, and how to keep each move safe. This course is perfect for someone who has always wanted to experience mat Pilates without having to pay a membership at a studio.
Besides learning the correct form for each move, you will also learn how to modify many of the exercises. If you are just starting out, your body is not conditioned for the intense core and neck workout that is mat Pilates. I provide you with many options to follow so that you can start at one level and increase the difficulty as you grow stronger.
I have also separated out movements that are more back-focused so that if you have any kind of injury or back issue, you can watch those on their own and decide for yourself if you want to do them. Every body is different and has different needs - do what you can and leave out what doesn't work!
By the end of the 6 weeks, you will feel confident in your mat Pilates practice, as well as feel stronger and maybe even a little taller!
Who this course is for:
- People who know nothing or very little about Pilates.
- People who are concerned about an injury or disability and want to see if Pilates is right for them.
- People who love Pilates but have not been educated on correct form.
I received an aqua fitness certification 10 years ago and haven't stopped teaching since! My formats include Zumba, Zumba Gold, aqua fitness, bootcamp, barre, yoga, and Pilates. I also have experience in Silver Sneakers and TRX. During the pandemic, when I could no longer teach at a gym, I took my Pilates online and now have an online studio. I am AFAA group fitness certified, and hold a certificate in mat Pilates.