The Ultimate Complete Course for Beginners to Intermediate
What you'll learn
- This is a complete foundation course which teaches the right stuff in the right order at the right pace. Perfect for beginners, intermediate players with gaps in their knowledge, or anybody with a desire to finally learn to play the guitar properly. There are very few more experienced teachers and musicians than Bobby Harrison and Nick Radcliffe.
- Learn to play the guitar to a good level and fully understand everything you are playing while developing your ear for music!
- We have students who have gone from total beginners to joining bands and playing live gigs within months!
- Chords, Rhythm guitar, Lead guitar, Loads of tips and techniques....
- What do you need? A guitar!!
The Frethub Foundation Course for Contemporary Guitar - taught by top UK Session Guitarists and Teachers Bobby Harrison and Nick Radcliffe - is a crash-course that will get you playing well in a relatively short space of time, since we’ve cut out any unnecessary exercises and just kept the valuable stuff. Whether you’re into rock, metal, country, blues or jazz, the techniques and approaches presented in these lessons apply to all styles of modern music.
This course has been carefully put together to make sure you learn thoroughly and progressively as if you were taking private lessons. Since 2011, 1000's of guitar players have learned to play with FretHub and many have gone onto careers in music.
We teach you all of the essential chords, scales and techniques you need to be able to play in a band, write your own songs or to simply make good music at home.
You don’t need to be able to read music to learn with FretHub and we’ve even cut out the need to read guitar Tab, since everything is explained thoroughly, in a note-for-note fashion.
Your Instructors: Bobby is guitarist for the legendary Cliff Richard and Nick plays for artists including 80's legends Nik Kershaw and Tony Hadley, multi-platinum selling Gabrielle, Brit award winning M People and has performed live with Alice Cooper and Brian May. In this course they give away the secrets and all the knowledge they've gathered from their own extensive learning and professional journeys. Both instructors have taught at the highest level in the UK including BIMM and ABRSM. There are few more qualified players to learn from!
PLEASE NOTE: The Promo video for this course is designed to represent all of our courses available on this website. However our Foundation course should prepare you sufficiently to be able to tackle the more advanced techniques on display, so why not give us a try and most importantly....have fun!
Who this course is for:
- This is the perfect course for beginners as we start right from square 1 but there's also plenty for Intermediate players
- If you can already play, why not dive in half way through? The course is neatly broken down so you can choose the start level for your ability and there should be plenty to gain from the lessons.
- If you are already a Guitar God but feel there might be the tiniest room for improvement, we have plenty of other courses to suit you!
FretHub is a fresh and comprehensive collection of online guitar lessons, offering hundreds of hours of video tuition, from two highly qualified and respected teachers with over 50 years of combined professional experience.
As session guitarists, between us, we have played alongside artists such as Queen's Brian May, Alice Cooper, Cliff Richard, Olivia Newton-John, Tony Hadley and Gabrielle. As tutors, we have taught thousands of students worldwide.
Our guitar lessons are taught in a down-to-earth manner and presented in a logical and progressive order, providing the consistency and familiarity you get from taking guitar lessons with a private tutor.
Our aim is to give you a solid foundation and equip you with the necessary tools to learn, recognise and employ the guitar techniques and tricks that are used in the making of the music you love.
From beginners through to advanced players, FretHub has everything you need to help you become the guitarist you've always wanted to be.
To tab or not to tab...that is a question! When we started FretHub, we opted not to provide tab in favour of breaking everything down very thoroughly in a note-for-note fashion. This is how we learned to play and we feel that it’s ultimately an easier way of memorising and internalising ideas, visualising patterns on the neck and training the ear. Our method is traditional guitar teaching, much like having an instructor sitting right in front of you, rather than creating a disconnect by playing a lick or phrase once, before referring you to the tab. As both of us have reached the highest level within our industry without the aid of tab (which didn't even exist when we were learning), we feel we are the best equipped and most qualified to provide our solid and successful teaching method. Many members of our website now play in bands, having never played before they joined FretHub.
We sincerely hope you enjoy our courses as much as we did making them.