This is an introductory course for persons who are interested in learning the basics of crochet. It focuses on teaching participants the basic crochet stitches, tools and terms and takes them through projects that will allow them to utilize these stitches.
Target Group - this course is for persons who have never crocheted or persons who have started to learn how to crochet but would like to polish up on their skills. It is also for persons that love crafting and would like to learn a new craft.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
1. Identify the different needle sizes.
2. Identify the various types of crochet thread.
3. Understand basic crochet terms.
4. Read crochet patterns
5. Hold the yarn and hook
6. . Demonstrate the basic crochet stitches
half double crochet
7. Utilise the basic crochet stitches to complete simple projects which will include:
1. Demonstration of the turning chain.
2. Tying off and weaving in the ends after completing a project.
3. Attaching buttons.
Additionally once you have completed this course you will be able to use the stitches used to work on a range of progressively difficult projects over time.