Beginner Crochet Basics
What you'll learn
- How to read a yarn label
- How to hold the hook and yarn
- How to chain
- How to single crochet
- How to half double crochet
- How to double crochet
- How to treble crochet
- How to join new yarn to an existing project
- How to change colors
- How to finish off a project
- How to make a magic ring or an easy solution around the magic ring
- How to crochet in the round
- How to increase and decrease in the round
- How to change colors in the round
- How to close off a project in the round
- How to read from a basic pattern
- No experience needed
- Yarn, scissors, crochet hook, stitch marker or paper clip, and yarn needle for supplies.
- Only yarn, scissors, and hook needed to begin.
Have you ever wanted to crochet but felt like it was too hard or that the craft had too much of a learning curve? This class is for you! For this class you will start with the most basic of basic when it comes to crochet.
You will learn:
how to read a yarn label
how to hold the hook and yarn
how to chain
how to single crochet
how to half double crochet
how to double crochet
how to treble crochet
how to change colors
how to join new yarn to your project
how to finish off your work
Take the lessons at your own pace and learn when you feel like you can learn. Once you have the basics down you can continue to the next section if you like which is learning the basics of crochet in the round. This type of crochet is great for making those cute stuffed animals and creatures that are so popular all over social media. With these basics you will be able to make your own stuffed animals(amigurumi) instead of paying others 50-100 for each animal or creature. In fact, you could be the person getting paid in the future by others for your crochet skills.
In the second section you will learn:
how to make a magic ring and an alternative
how to increase in the round
how to crochet in the round
how to change color in the round
how to decrease in the round
how to close off your work in the round
I hope that you enjoy the class and I hope to see you again in the future for more classes!
Who this course is for:
- crochet beginner
- anyone interested in learning
- intermediate or advanced crochet beginner looking to learn about crochet in the round for amigurumi
Welcome! I’m Cierra. I am a computer science graduate who loves to play violin and craft. I have been doing origami since I was introduced to the craft by my fourth grade teacher. I quickly fell in love and my family had to endure many folded pieces of paper around the house for years. My creative talents didn’t end there. I began playing the violin at 12 (20 years now) playing for the Gulf Coast Youth Symphony Orchestra in my first 2 years of playing and eventually got into cardmaking, scrapbooking, photo album making, and even taught myself how to crochet and tat(lace making) from YouTube videos when I was in college. I look forward to meeting every one who wants to take my classes. Have a great day!