Beginner Canon Digital SLR (DSLR) Photography
- 1 hour on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You will learn how to see your images in a more sophisticated way, like a professional photographer.
- You will add exposure to your photographer's tool belt and learn how it impacts many visual elements of your images.
- You will learn how to adjust your aperture and why you would choose one aperture over another.
- You will learn how to adjust your shutter speed and why you would choose one shutter speed over another.
- You will learn how all of the modes (Auto, P, S, A and M) work and when you should be using each mode.
- You will learn to recognize the difference between depth-of-field blur and motion blur.
- You'll start spending more time observing and capturing beautiful moments around you, rather than staring down at your camera feeling confused.
- You should own (or have borrowed) a Canon DSLR. This class applies to all Canon EOS cameras.
You'll learn how all those buttons and dials work on your Canon DSLR. Including the exercises, this course will take you about 2.5 hours. Through the exercises you'll do and through the explanations of the concepts, JP is committed that you retain the information there is to retain without memorizing. There is about an hour of video lecture which covers exposure, aperture, shutter speed and the mode dial (Auto, P, S, A and M). Images will be shown as examples. The exercises will be explained fully. This course is perfect for anyone who considers themselves a beginner with their Canon DSLR or for anyone who has some existing knowledge about how their camera works but hasn't quite put all the puzzle pieces together when it comes to how aperture and shutter speed work together. This class is for you if you don't know how all the modes (Auto, P, S, A and M) work on your camera and when you should be using each mode.
- This course is for absolute beginners and for people with some knowledge of how their cameras work but who haven't yet put all the puzzle pieces together of how aperture and shutter speed work together.
JP talks about what you'll learn in the course and about his unique style of teaching that will have you learning how to use your camera intuitively.
You'll learn how to see your images in a more sophisticated way and you'll learn how exposure is the simplest but most powerful tool you can use to impact how your images turn out.