Bass Guitar Master Class - The Ultimate Guide
What you'll learn
- Have a strong foundation on fingerstyle bass technique.
- Will develop great finger independence and strong left hand technique.
- Will develop a solid right hand technique.
- Will have a great timing and will be able to groove.
- Will develop a solid Slap Bass technique
- Will learn Fundamental Music Theory applied on bass
- Will learn Walking Bass Lines and create their own bass lines
- A bass guitar and a simple amplifier is enough for this course. No prior knowledge is required
* What's New *
Arpegggio Module Is Updated (01/2024)
Triad And 7th Chord Inversions are Added
Modal System Module Is Live! (05/2023)
Modes are a series of seven musical scales, each derived from the diatonic scale. In this module, we talk about what modes are, their intervalic structures and positions, and create unique bass lines using each mode.
Arpeggio Module Is Live! (03/2023)
You can learn more about the formation of chords, triads, and 7th chords in this section.
Pentatonic Scale Module is Live! (02/2023)
Pentatonic Scale Module is uploaded and ready to practice. Pentatonic scale is one of the most essential scales in a bass player’s vocabulary. The goal of this module is to internalize the scale for both improvisational and compositional points of view. After practicing this section, you will have the most potent weapon in your improvisation arsenal, the pentatonic scale.
You must put in the time and effort to play an instrument properly and bass is no different. It is absolutely crucial for us musicians to start from scratch and build up by practicing simple exercises and techniques. Leaving a gap in your technique vocabulary will definitely show up later on, as you develop as a musician. So it is important to take things seriously from day one.
This course is designed exactly for that purpose. There are tons of exercises for you to practice. It is you, your bass guitar, and your objective to accomplish for the most part.
Even if you are a complete beginner who has never touched a bass before, this will teach you the absolute basics and make you a competent bass player.
There are three main parts to this course;
First, I explain the technique or the subject at hand. Then, I give you loads of exercises to master that topic. Finally, there are licks for you to play and utilize that subject. Think about them as quizzes.
You will get notations and backing tracks for everything I play in this course so you can follow along easily. There are also backing tracks on the lick sections for you to play with.
The course starts from Fingerstyle Bass module moves to the Slap Bass then to Music Theory section. After that, the course moves along to Walking Bass Lines, which is the application of music theory to the jazz genre.
This course is designed to be your only guide for bass guitar, so it will expand and new sections will be added over time.
See you on the inside.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for you if you want to learn how to play bass guitar from scratch.
- This course is for you if you've begun to play bass guitar on your own and looking for some guidence to improve yourself
- This course is for you if you want an all round source for learning your instrument
- This course is for you if you are stuck in your process and don't know what to learn next
- This course is basically for everyone who wants to be an all round bass player
Umut is a dedicated bass player who has been playing and teaching his instrument for over 15 years. From the experienced he gained from teaching many real life students, Umut is passing his experience on online courses.
Umut is a strong believer of practicing hard and thinks most fun gained from playing an instrument comes from the satisfaction of achieving your goals. Yet, Umut designs his courses around keeping it fresh and fun without sacrificing the practices had to be done.
Umut is able to play any kind of music the bass guitar is involved but his specialty is in funk and progressive music.
Umut also has a Youtube channel where he shares his performances, courses and instructional videos.