Beekeeping: A first course for Aspiring Beekeepers
What you'll learn
- The many wonderful benefits of bees and bee keeping and why you should consider becoming a beekeeper
- The requirements needed to become a beekeeper
- The challenges involved in starting any new activity or hobby and how to overcome them
- The basic equipment you will need to start beekeeping and basic costs involved
- What it is like to inspect a hive of bees
- No - just an interest in bees or in starting beekeeping
Are you interested in bees? Have you ever considered becoming a beekeeper? This short course will introduce you to the subject and the key reasons why you should actually consider becoming a beekeeper.
You will learn a little bit about honeybees and the basic equipment needed to start and the basic costs. You will get a taster of what beekeeping is like as you watch the instructor open and inspect a colony of live bees.
The course will give you a basic overview without having to wade through loads of detail provided in other 'masterclass' type courses.
Who this course is for:
- Those who wish to take up beekeeping as a new and exciting hobby in 2022 - prepare now!
- Non beekeepers who are curious about bees and beekeeping
- Non beekeepers who want a quick overview of beekeeping without having to plough through a longer course
- Absolute beginners who have an interest in starting beekeeping as activity but have no idea where to start
- Anyone interesting in exploring beekeeping as a possible new, interesting and all absorbing and educational activity
- Anyone generally interested in the natural world and curious about bees
I grew up in the midlands of Ireland and while there I developed a passion for bees and beekeeping at a young age. That passion for bees led me to work on beekeeping development in Eastern Africa for over 20 years. I currently keep bees and produce honey in both Ireland and Kenya.
Another passion of mine is personal development and career success and I teach three related courses - one on reinventing yourself and making positive changes to your life and the other course on effective goal setting. The third course is on the technologies and other forces which are rapidly changing our world and the skills we need to survive and thrive in our careers in the era of the 4th Industrial Revolution.
I hold a Bachelors degree in Agricultural Science from University College Dublin, an MSc in Entrepreneurship (Stirling, University, UK), an MSc in Environmental Science (UCD) and a PhD in Rural Development (UCD).
I am an avid life-long learner which I believe is essential in today's fast changing world. I am currently developing my skills in Cyber Security!
I bring my varied background and experiences into all my courses on Udemy which I hope brings a fresh and enjoyable perspective to everything that I teach.