Becoming Aquaculture Expert (Part 2)
What you'll learn
- Learn the water quality management, variables involved
- Evaluate ways to prevent and treat water contamination in aquaculture system
- Understand the nutritional requirement for common aquaculture species
- Learn how to use data formulated by scientist in aquaculture nutrition for your aquaculture species feed
- Discover different types of live feed that can be culture at the hatchery conveniently in small or large scale
- Pick up the tips and tricks of feeding strategies to gain the optimum yield
- You should have a love of learning, acquired new knowledge and skills
- You have enrol in the 'Becoming Aquaculture Expert (Part 1) FREE course
Becoming Aquaculture Expert (Part 2) is the next step (after 'Becoming Aquaculture Expert (Part 1)' course that I've initiated previously) into realising your ideas to become a sustainable aquaculture producer. It is designed specifically to provide an overview of aquaculture as the way to farm seafood economically and sustainably.
Since the demand of seafood is increasing, aquaculture industry is growing endlessly to keep a consistent supply of aquatic species for human consumption, pets, medication, recreation, etc and limit the harvesting from wild population. It put a relieve in wild species which would allow them to naturally populate and bring lives back to our ocean.
This 2 hours course contains 36 lectures which include detail explanation videos, supplementary articles and quizzes in each section to help you test your understanding along the way.
To help you grasp the knowledge efficiently, I've included 3 supplementary articles for every section to support what you have learn through the videos.The articles will includes references and links of additional resources of related knowledge and will be updated from time to time.
The content of this course is backed by 100% of research from experts in the leading field of aquaculture. Through learning this course, you will become better at managing the most important aspect of your aquaculture system; water and feed respectively. As I will continuously update the content of this course over the time, you will be equipped with the latest research, technology and skills available in aquaculture business.
You will be able to access this course anywhere, anytime at your own pace. If you are already an aquaculturist for a living, learning specific knowledge from a researcher point of view such as in this course will bring you to another level.
If you are a student or beginner in aquaculture field, this course is perfectly crafted for you. Those completing the course will have strong understanding of basic aquaculture concept and general principle involved in aquaculture system.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for beginners and students who want to learn more about aquaculture business
- Lifelong learning individuals who want to enhance their knowledge
- Aquaculturist who have desires to expand their knowledge on aquaculture business
"Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime" - Chinese proverb
Would it be great if you teach him how to culture the fish?
That's what I believe. I am a true believer in sustainable farming.
So, I started doing my research in aquaculture production @ breeding and later move to aquaculture nutrition for my Doctorate studies. It open my eyes to various problems and opportunities to meet the human protein demand without putting a strain in natural populations.
Since then, I've shared my knowledge with students, mentoring them in aquaculture projects and now I'd love to share it with the world.