Becoming Aquaculture Expert (Part 1)
What you'll learn
- Learn the basic system of aquaculture
- Discover the most suitable system to farm their seafood according to their need
- Determine how to choose good sites for aquaculture farm
- Learn how to choose the right species to farm according to their preferable culture system
- Open your mind to wide varieties of products available waiting for you to learn and produce them.
- Acknowledge the concerns in aquaculture industry and ways to manage them with the right solutions.
- No experience needed. Applicable to those who are willing to change their life and make choices to turn into sustainable seafood farming.
Becoming Aquaculture Expert (Part 1) is the first step into realising your ideas to produce fish sustainably. It is designed to provide an overview of aquaculture as the way to farm seafood sustainably and strategically.
This course contains 17 lectures which include explanation videos followed by quizzes and related notes to help you test your understanding along the way. The notes will includes references and links of additional resources of related knowledge.
Those completing the course will have strong understanding of basic aquaculture concept and general principle involved in aquaculture system, which include pond, cage, recirculation aquaculture system, raceway and aquaponic.
Besides fish, there are a lot of other products available for you to choose from for commercial purpose or self consumption. All of these products are highlighted in this course and available in printed form.
If you're in the middle of choosing the right location for your aquaculture farm, this course will direct you to the appropriate factors that need to be consider before purchasing the piece of land for your farm. There are 4 important factors that will be discuss in this course.
In any industries and businesses including aquaculture, risks and concerns are available but with the right method, these concerns could be confronted with great solutions. All you need to do is start by having knowledge about it. You can also find this concerns and solution here in this course.
If you're thinking about the future of protein demand, of how to feed the upcoming 9 BILLION people by 2050, this course is for you. Let's start by making future seafood for yourself first.
Remember ' Give a man a fish, you'll feed him a day, teach a man how to rear fish, you'll save him and others too for a lifetime'
Who this course is for:
- This course is for beginners and students who want to learn more about aquaculture business
- Lifelong learning individuals who want to enhance their knowledge
- It is also suitable for aquaculturist who have desires to expand their knowledge on aquaculture
"Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime" - Chinese proverb
Would it be great if you teach him how to culture the fish?
That's what I believe. I am a true believer in sustainable farming.
So, I started doing my research in aquaculture production @ breeding and later move to aquaculture nutrition for my Doctorate studies. It open my eyes to various problems and opportunities to meet the human protein demand without putting a strain in natural populations.
Since then, I've shared my knowledge with students, mentoring them in aquaculture projects and now I'd love to share it with the world.