Becoming an Outstanding Product Owner
What you'll learn
- Becoming an advanced Product Owner
- How to develop a value-driven mindset
- How to stand out as a Product Owner
- Product Management for Product Owners
- Leadership Skills for Product Owners
- How to craft successful Roadmaps
- How to benefit from Business Models
- How to set Objective Key Results
- How to scale with Agile
- What not to do while scaling with Product Teams
- Effective Stakeholder Management
- What not to do during your daily activities
- Experience with Product Development for at least a year
- Experience as a Product Owner or Product Manager for at least a year
- Understand of Scrum Framework
Getting a job as a Product Owner is only the beginning of a journey. To excel in this role, you have to develop a value-driven mindset to lead teams in a meaningful direction.
Unfortunately, you will hardly find a well-established environment to deliver value. Misconceptions are the only certainty on your way. Here are some examples:
Roadmaps limit teams from focusing on value. Instead, the goal is to deliver features respecting the deadline.
No matter what you do, it's never enough. Stakeholders always pressure you for more, yet an overarching goal is absent.
Scaling becomes a nightmare: more people, more complexity, and ultimately sub-optimal result.
If you can connect to any of these points, I know your pain really well. I thought I was a good Product Owner during a long part of my career, but honestly, I couldn’t do my job as I envisioned. The reason was simple; I lacked the required skills and mindset to overcome the massive challenges on my way.
This course summarizes 10 years of experience and learnings in 4 hours. Let me share with you what I wish I knew when I started my career as a Product Owner. At the end of this course, you will:
Understand the mindset of outstanding Product Owners
Clarity on what not do during your daily activities
Know how to craft roadmaps that focus on the outcome instead of output
Develop the required leadership skills to excel in your role
Be able to scale teams successfully
Become a strategic and tactical Product Owner
This course is for you who is a Product Owner or a Product Manager who wants to strengthen your skillset and knowledge to become an outstanding professional. However, if you are not yet in any of these roles, this course might not be a good choice for you. In this case, the course: How to become a strong Product Owner may suit you better.
I hope the content in this course will help you advance in your journey.
Who this course is for:
- Product Owners
- Product Managers
- Business Analysts
My goal as an instructor is to help you advance in your career. My courses are focused on Product Management and Agile Practices. I focus on the mindset instead of the theory. If you want to excel as a Product Manager, I have the material you need.
Allow me to introduce myself to you.
I am a passionate Product Leader who has been in multiple scenarios, from startups to giant corporations. My road has been full of emotions and learnings. I've lived a huge variety of scenarios. That's why I can help you thrive in your journey.
Sharing knowledge and learning is one of my biggest motivations. I had fantastic experiences in the teaching sphere, such as:
• MBA Professor at FIAP - São Paulo - Brazil
• Postgraduate Professor at Anhembi Morumbi - São Paulo - Brazil
• Private English teacher - Brazil
On the business side, my experiences are:
• Product Manager: 10 years in different markets, such as automotive, trade marketing, call center, digital, e-commerce and marketplace
• Software developer: 6 years in the auto industry and public sector
• Countries I've worked in: Brazil, Colombia, Dominican Republic, and currently Germany
My academic background is:
• MBA Business Innovation Entrepreneurship (USA)
• MBA in Strategic Business Management (Brazil)
• Postgraduate in Software Engineering (Brazil)
• Bachelor in Computer Science (Brazil)
• Industrial IT Technician (Brazil)
• PSPO I (Professional Product Owner Scrum) obtained in July 2016
• PSM I (Professional Scrum Master) got in March 2014
• Sun Certified Java Programmer (SCJP) certification obtained in June 2009