Become Zero to Hero in vlsi design [comprehensive video]
- 4.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- The students are going to learn about physical design, the very essential process to make an integrated chip. This process of physical design consists of various steps and all of them are interrelated.
- We have design this video lecture to provide students an in-depth exposure to the subject with clarity that none of the material is out of prescribed syllabus.
- Each part has consisted brief but necessary information with the entire requisite.
- yes ,the student should have very basic knowledge of electronics, physics and math.
The design and optimization of integrated circuits (ICs) are essential to the
production of new semiconductor chips.
The design-cycle of VLSI-chips consists of different consecutive steps from high-
level synthesis (functional design) to production (packaging).
The physical design is the process of transforming a circuit description into the
physical layout, which describes the position of cells and routes for the
interconnections between them
Physical design produces an Integrated chip for used in application ranging from
military ,consumer appliances, entertainment gadget ,mobile and so on.
The main concern in the physical design of VLSI-chips is to find a layout with
minimal area, further the total wirelength has to be minimized
Due to its complexity, the physical design is normally broken in various sub-steps:
1. First the circuit has to be partitioned to generate some (up to 50) macro
2. In the floorplanning phase the cells have to be placed on the layout surface.
3. After placement the global routing has to be done. In this step the `loose'
routes for the interconnections between the single modules (macro cells) are
4. In the detailed routing the exact routes for the interconnection wires in the
channels between the macro cells have to be computed.
5. The last step in the physical design is the compaction of the layout, where it
is compressed in all dimensions so that the total area is reduced.
This classical approach of the physical design is strongly serial with many
interdependencies between the sub-steps.
This course is update every week
- all the undergraduate ,graduate and working professionals whom are in need to have a quick and appropriate knowledge platform.
- They would get necessary and required information with crystal clear diagrams and graphics.