How to Become a Successful Digital Nomad: The Complete Guide
What you'll learn
- Make sustainable income while traveling
- Convince your company to let you travel the world
- Understand the tradeoffs between a Digital Nomad employee, freelancer, and entrepreneur
- Find paid writing gigs as a freelancer
- Find paid design gigs as a freelancer
- Negotiate a fair rate as a freelancer
- Understand the tradeoffs between a long program, short program, and traveling by yourself
- Know the 3 effective ways to quickly make friends while traveling
- Find love using different dating apps
- Know which dating apps to use around the world
- Manage money while traveling
- Save for retirement
- Know what the best travel credit cards are
- Save thousands of dollars on taxes if you're from the US
- Stay productive
- Manage a team remotely
- Find balance between working and traveling
- Stay fit
- Get the best travel insurance
- Get the right vaccines
- Sell all your stuff
- Pack the right stuff
- No previous knowledge needed. Just a passion for travel.
Wouldn’t it be awesome if you could work from anywhere and travel the world? There are now more jobs than ever where all you need is access to the internet. With more tools than ever available at your disposal, traveling the world as a Digital Nomad is now a reality
I designed this class specifically for people who want to travel the world but don’t know how to make the leap. Whether you’re an employee, freelancer, or entrepreneur, you’ll learn how to strategically transition your job into a location-independent career so you can live and grow on your own terms. You’ll learn the different ways of making money. you’ll learn how to explore the city as a local and make friends. You’ll even learn how to find love while traveling.
This is NOT a course that will tell you to quit your job tomorrow and start traveling.
That is a pipe dream and is not sustainable.
This is a course that will teach you how to use your strengths and passions to transform your career while keeping a steady income. In addition to getting a condensed knowledge transfer from me, you’ll get access to dozens of interviews of real people who have managed to escaped their cubicles and are now living their dream of traveling their world while working.
I’ve been an active Digital Nomad for years. I’ve traveled to over 30 countries was selected from over 50,000 applicants to be a participant in Remote Year, a program that brings together successful Digital Nomads from all over the world so we can work and travel together for a year.
I also have a passion for teaching. I’ve taught for Stanford University, UCLA, and General Assembly and have launched 3 online classes on Udemy with over 5,000 students enrolled from all over the world. You can tell how much value I’ve given my students by the hundreds of 5 star ratings and satisfied reviews left by my students.
Learn how to turn your dream into reality.
Who this course is for:
- This is a course for people who want to strategically transition their careers into becoming a successful Digital Nomad. It is not a course for people who want to drop everything, quit your job overnight, and start traveling tomorrow.
Charles Du led the design of NASA's first iPhone app (10+ million downloads, 2+ million hits per day, NASA's Software of the Year Award) and co-founded the Airbnb for cars.
He is an award-winning product manager, UX designer, lecturer, and international keynote speaker. Charles has taught product management at Stanford, UCLA, Art Center, and General Assembly and has mentored teams at NASA, Live Nation, and Apple.
Charles is also a Digital Nomad and has traveled / worked in over 30 countries. He was selected from 50,000+ applicants to participate in Remote Year, a network of 75 professionals who travel and work remotely. As a group, he will travel to 11+ countries over the course of the year, across Europe, Asia, and South America.