Become a Python Data Analyst
What you'll learn
- Learn about the most important libraries for doing Data Science with Python and how they can be easily installed with the Anaconda distribution.
- Understand the basics of Numpy which is the foundation of all the other analytical tools in Python.
- Produce informative, useful and beautiful visualizations for analyzing data.
- Analyze, answer questions and derive conclusions from real world data sets using the Pandas library.
- Perform common statistical calculations and use the results to reach conclusions about the data.
- Learn how to build predictive models and understand the principles of Predictive Analytics
- This course introduces the viewer to the main libraries of Python’s Data Science stack. Taking an applied approach, it provides many examples using real-world datasets to show how to effectively use Python’s tools to process, visualize and analyze data. It contains all you need to start analyzing data with Python and provides the foundation for more advanced topics like Predictive Analytics.
The Python programming language has become a major player in the world of Data Science and Analytics. This course introduces Python’s most important tools and libraries for doing Data Science; they are known in the community as “Python’s Data Science Stack”.
This is a practical course where the viewer will learn through real-world examples how to use the most popular tools for doing Data Science and Analytics with Python.
About the author :
Alvaro Fuentes is a Data Scientist with an M.S. in Quantitative Economics and a M.S. in Applied Mathematics with more than 10 years of experience in analytical roles. He worked in the Central Bank of Guatemala as an Economic Analyst, building models for economic and financial data. He founded Quant Company to provide consulting and training services in Data Science topics and has been a consultant for many projects in fields such as; Business, Education, Psychology and Mass Media. He also has taught many (online and in-site) courses to students from around the world in topics like Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, R programming and Python.
Alvaro Fuentes is a big Python fan and has been working with Python for about 4 years and uses it routinely for analyzing data and producing predictions. He also has used it in a couple of software projects. He is also a big R fan, and doesn't like the controversy between what is the “best” R or Python, he uses them both. He is also very interested in the Spark approach to Big Data, and likes the way it simplifies complicated things. He is not a software engineer or a developer but is generally interested in web technologies.
He also has technical skills in R programming, Spark, SQL (PostgreSQL), MS Excel, machine learning, statistical analysis, econometrics, mathematical modeling.
Predictive Analytics is a topic in which he has both professional and teaching experience. Having solved practical problems in his consulting practice using the Python tools for predictive analytics and the topics of predictive analytics are part of a more general course on Data Science with Python that he teaches online.
Who this course is for:
- Data analysts or data scientists interested in learning Python’s tools for doing Data Science. Business Analysts and Business Intelligence experts who would like to learn how to use Python for doing their data own analysis tasks will also find this tutorial very helpful. Software engineers and developers interested in Python’s capabilities for analyzing data gain a lot from this course. A basic (beginner’s level) familiarity with Python language is assumed.
Packt are an established, trusted, and innovative global technical learning publisher, founded in Birmingham, UK with over eighteen years experience delivering rich premium content from ground-breaking authors and lecturers on a wide range of emerging and established technologies for professional development.
Packt’s purpose is to help technology professionals advance their knowledge and support the growth of new technologies by publishing vital user focused knowledge-based content faster than any other tech publisher, with a growing library of over 9,000 titles, in book, e-book, audio and video learning formats, our multimedia content is valued as a vital learning tool and offers exceptional support for the development of technology knowledge.
We publish on topics that are at the very cutting edge of technology, helping IT professionals learn about the newest tools and frameworks in a way that suits them.