Become a Professional Logo Designer
What you'll learn
- Discover the secrets of effective logo design
- Learn the fundamental function of logos, and why some logos stand out while others don't
- Learn how to land clients, learn about their needs, and deliver top-quality work
- Master how to efficiently work with Photoshop and Illustrator in the logo design workflow
- There are no specific course requirements, a basic knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop is helpful, A basic knowledge of design is helpful
A good logo makes a world of difference to a business. We’re exposed to branding, advertising and promotional messaging every second of every day. But a noticeable, attractive logo that stands out from the crowd can make your business stick in someone’s mind for longer than a fleeting moment. With the right design and placement, positive associations can form in a very short space of time; which means, basically, that logos are very important. This online logo design course will show you how to make yours count.
Step-by-Step Secrets to Designing Great Logos
- Master the use of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator for effective logo design
- Explore the function of logos and why some work better than others
- Discover the fundamental design principles behind great logos
- Learn how to land clients and understand what they want from a design
- Push your creative skills into an in-demand, specialised area
Combine Technical Skills with Creative Principles
While this course has been created with designers in mind, you do not need any previous design experience to complete is successfully. Small business owners, art students, prospective freelancers, or anyone looking to learn how to creative effective logos will be able to follow the material easily. A basic knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop and design principles is helpful but not necessary.
This online course will lead you through the entire logo design workflow from start to finish, using real world examples and step-by-step instructions. You’ll start off with understanding the concept, functions and importance of logos. Next you’ll analyse some of the most recognised logos in the world and explore best practices and current trends in logo design. Plagiarism and copyright – very important topics for any creative job – are also covered at this stage.
Next you’ll take an in-depth look at the visual elements of a logo and two of the most important elements; typography and colour. Following that, the nitty gritty of the logo design process and graphics fundamentals will be covered, before the most challenging stage; getting to know how Photoshop and Illustrator work and actually creating your first logo using both.
By the end of this course you will not only have gained the design theory and creative know-how to come up with great logo designs, you’ll also have the technical skills needed to create them.
This course is taught using Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator, the two gold-standard software packages in the design industry. Photoshop is used for editing and manipulating images and photographs, while Illustrator is used to design graphics and visual elements. They have many similar features, so if you’re familiar with one, you’ll already have a good working knowledge of the other.
Who this course is for:
- Those looking to learn how to create effective logos
- Designers who want to push their skills into specialized areas, Small business owners wanting to stand out in the marketplace
- Those who want an in-depth look at the logo design process
At Stone River eLearning, technology is all we teach. If you're interested in IT, programming, development or design - we have it covered.
Check out our huge catalog of courses and join the over 1.3M students currently taking Stone River eLearning courses. We currently offer 1000+ different technology training courses on our Stone River eLearning website and are adding new courses on hot and trending topics every month. A subscription option is available for those with a real passion for learning.