Great Product Manager: Product Management by a Big Tech's PM
What you'll learn
- Effective Product management and being able to tell helpful techniques and tools from the time-wasting one
- Developing your character to be a great Product manager, so you know how to work with people and technology
- Planning Product roadmap, so you can impress your stakeholders and present yourself as a visionary
- Creating Product vision, to inspire and lead your team to the next level
- Devising Product strategy, so that everyone has a clear understanding on how you will go towards the vision
- Optimizing development, so you will find trust and respect from both business and engineering teams
- Improving product's value, and see those metrics (KPIs) grow!
- Performing effective communication to make sure each stakeholder is well-informed
- Planning and performing informative A/B Testing, so you can choose best ways to develop your product
- Leading great presentations that land the key pieces of information and clearly demonstrated most important KPI
- Being an effective team leader to the product and your team
- Planning your career, know when to make the right career moves
- Winning job interviews by showing you exceptional skills
- Conducting inspiring client interviews
- Developing user personas that help your communication and bring understanding to your team and stakeholders
- Learn user segmentation to understand your data with the right context
- Perform meaningful data analysis that shows you the right path for developing product
- Conduct SWOT analysis that unravels hidden opportunities and threads
- Learn time management to make the most of your Product Manager's time
- Being able to step up from a Agile Product Owner, Data Analyst and other roles to a Product Manager position
- Being ready for any Product Manager certification / Product Management certification
- Delegating tasks so that, as Product Managers, you can focus on the right tasks
- Managing stakeholders, so you can manage expectations and find allies all around you
- Strategic thinking, so you can proudly lead your product into the future
- Defining MVPs - Minimum viable products, so you can effectively verify your Product's hypothesis
- Managing backlog, so you always work on changes that will bring the most value to your users and clients
- Building great user stories and tasks, so your team knows precisely what to do
- Dealing with technical debt, so both your stakeholders and team are happy with your choices
- Reading heatmaps, so you understand user's actions
- Presenting the right data to the right stakeholders at the right time
- ...and many more!
- Just be full of energy and passion to lead a product
- It won't hurt to have a computer and bit of spare time to listen to the classes
Save time with this practical Product Management course! With this program, you will land your dream job/promotion!
Over 207 people have started their Product Management dream jobs with this course! That includes offers from Adobe, Amazon, Boeing, Microsoft, PayPal, Mercedes-Benz, Visa, and Zalando!
Hi! I am Dr Bart Jaworski, Senior Product Manager at Microsoft. For many years, I have been dreaming – just like you – of becoming a highly successful Product Manager. Now that I have reached this dream, I want to share with you how I managed to do that.
For every student that completes the course free CV and LinkedIn profile review! The course includes chapters on how to successfully land a job and create your own Product as a side project - an effective way to improve your chances of landing a Product Manager position! If you need it, upon the course's completion, I'm happy to provide a letter of recommendation that I'll sign, scan and send to you.
Check the statements from over 207 people who landed their Product Management jobs with the help of this course on the Instagram profile productsdigest and the course reviews below! (I'd leave a link, but it's not allowed here on Udemy)
This course is intended for those who are yet to start a Product Management career and people with up to 2 years of experience in Product Management. If you have more experience, some of the classes may appear too basic for you and you may feel there isn't enough value for you. However, I'm sure you will find plenty of useful practices and techniques or simply different perspectives on some of the challenges you face. In any case, be sure to reach out to me, I'm always happy to discuss and answer your questions!
My road to being a Senior Product Manager at Microsoft had been full of unexpected challenges, and I have been forced many times to search for additional resources to help me deal with them. Sadly, there had been some aspects of the position that no course or book could have prepared me for, and this is exactly where this course comes in.
Don't get me wrong. My efforts have resulted in gaining great theoretical and basic knowledge. However, no one has ever told me how to deal with an ineffective team, how to find the right data to perform analyses, or even the basics – what character features actually make a great product manager.
Thus, I have created 11 hours course with 3 hours of additional classes. In it, I will teach you about the position itself but also provide you with practical solutions on how to deal with different setbacks that I had to find out the hard way.
After completing this course, you will be well prepared to:
manage any IT product,
choose the best improvements for it, and make them a reality with your team,
envision the product's growth for many years to come,
build a great product roadmap,
change your stale development team into a well-oiled, highly effective machine,
find great ideas for your product and support them with the right data,
excel in planning an A/B test for any product change and be able to understand its effects,
become a great spokesman,
conduct engaging meetings and make them highly effective,
complete any product management certification. This course provides a certificate as well upon completion!
and many more!
With my unique background of 9 years in creating IT products for recruiters and having made a difficult, long journey to a Product Manager, I am qualified to tell you exactly how to replicate this transition. With my recruitment-oriented chapter, I will take you through the whole process of planning your career, starting with building an ideal CV and a LinkedIn profile. I will guide you on how to perform at your best in your potential job interview and start a new product manager position with a BANG.
I will also tell you how to successfully launch your own Product and gain first-hand experience in Product Management. This project will help you put all the skills I have given you into the right context and will highly enrich your CV - so that you can land your next dream job easier!
The course is accompanied by a dedicated Discord channel where I am happy to take follow-up questions and feedback that I will attend to daily. I am also to your ongoing disposition on LinkedIn chat. Apart from this, I offer brand-new bonus classes on the YouTube channel Product's digest where I talk about best product management practices and review different product-related articles and stories so that you can easily tell a useful source from a waste of your time. A new video, meant as yet another bonus class, is posted each week!
You are ambitious and full of energy and dreams, but also in need of guidance. I have been there, too. This course is built in a way that will make your journey easier than mine was. By making use of my knowledge and best practices, I hope you will develop your career quicker than I do, and who knows, maybe one day we will meet in the halls of Microsoft's office and shake hands.
I am fondly looking forward to that!
Finally - this course is my product. I curate it on an ongoing basis and with every week, every change I make and every feedback I receive, it simply becomes better and better!
Selected student feedback from Linkedin's courses page:
(More below and on Instagram profile productsdigest )
"I have already rated the course on Udemy, it was a 5 star from me (both, for content and for the instructor) Improvement suggestions? I would say we need to see more cameos from the cat So, having said that, I think it is time that Bart gets his own review. I've taken a few udemy courses (on different subjects), and I have had some great instructors. A lot of them make themselves available to answer questions related to the subject, or they have TAs that do that for you. However, this is the first course that has a unique personalized touch. Bart goes above and beyond with just answering questions on the material he provides - the CV reviews and other advise he provides, not only help you take that next step in your career, but it also makes you feel truly supported. That was my experience, and now I landed my job. Thanks Bart, and I hope to see many more of your students attain their goals. Oh, an Happy New Year!!! Let's go 2022!"
"As someone who starts off many courses but doesn't finish them, getting this certificate speaks volumes about the quality knowledge this course provides. Bart Jaworski, Ph.D., thanks a ton for this really practical course, which helps us get a small dose of what to expect as a product manager. I really enjoyed every single video and a shoutout to how much effort you have put behind them. I'm looking forward to continuing this journey and interacting with the great community building around this course."
"A special thanks to Bart Jaworski, Ph.D., as he played a critical role as a mentor. His course on product management is beneficial for other professionals in other verticals as well. The modules like User Personas, Being Data-Driven, How to divide your tasks, and deal with your mistakes at work were very helpful. They played an essential part in my conversion from an intern to FTE."
"Couple of week back, Bart Jaworski, Ph.D. offered me a chance to check out his newly launced course on Udemy. As an aspiring PM, I wanted to know about the details that go in the background of Product Management. Thus I enrolled in this course and after completing, I have realised that the course is really helpful when it comes to covering not only over the surface level details of Product Management, but also the internal aspects like Communication with Stakeholders and Developing from an Idea to Product in a profound manner.
The course is just the beginning of my journey and I would hope to transition into the field of Product Management sooner or later.
Once again, thank you Bart Jaworski, Ph.D. for this course and your quick doubt solving through either Udemy platform or Discord channel."
and those are just a couple from dozens of great feedback and people finding their dream job!
Who this course is for:
- Professionals planning to become a Product Manager
- Junior and mid product managers planning to jump-start their careers
- Acting and senior Product Manager and Product Owners looking for inspiration or different take on what they do
- Code developers looking to transition to Product Management
- Data scientists looking to transition to Product Management
- Sales agents looking to transition to Product Management
- Project managers looking to transition to Product Management
- Design engineers looking to transition to Product Management
- Product Owners looking to transition to Product Management
- Business Analysts looking to transition to Product Management
- Junior Product Managers
- Associate Product managers
- Graduates looking to start their career
I'm a passionate Product Manager eager to teach younger Product Managers how to best perform this role. I have vast experience with recruitment-related IT products. I'm currently employed as a Senior product manager at Microsoft, working in the Skype team. My previous roles include Product experience in OLX (European classified ads leader) and Stepstone (Top European job board) as well as a small start-up role.
In my doctoral thesis, I researched the possibility of using evolutionary algorithms in a problem of path planning in high-traffic maritime areas. I am an author or co-author of over 10 scientific papers dealing with related matters.