Become a Junior Java Software Developer
- 8 hours on-demand video
- 3 articles
- 7 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Be comfortable with writing and designing Java applications
- Apply core concepts of object-oriented programming to a project
- Build holistic, real-world practical applications from the ground up
- Write common algorithms covered in computer science courses
- Talk confidently about Java programming and object-oriented programming
- Network with recruiters, hiring managers, and tech professionals
- Walk into your first job interview and code review with confidence
- Invitation to participate in internship through SDET University!
In order to write Java programs on our computer, we need to prepare the software development environment on our computer. There are two pieces of software and then some configuration:
- Install Java
- Configure computer to read Java
- Install Eclipse IDE
Step 1: Install Java Developer Kit (JDK) http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html
Step 1.A – Download JDK
- Follow the link to Download the latest edition
- Be sure to select “Accept License Agreement”
- Select your system’s operating system
- Once downloaded, follow the prompts to install JDK.
- Verify that Java is installed by navigating to your Program Files > Java folder in Windows Explorer
- In Control Panel, click Edit System Environment Variables
- Click Environment Variables
- Under System Variables, Click New Variable Name: “JAVA_HOME” Variable Value: Use the directory of the Java installation path up to and including the jdk1.x folder
- Modify the PATH variable to include the jdk1.x/bin folder
Step 1.B – Install Java
Step 1.C – Configure Environment Variables
Step 2: Install Eclipse IDE
You can download the Eclipse installer, which will prompt you to download the various version of Eclipse you want. Or you can download the direct Eclipse version from the above link. For the purposes of this course, select the download for “Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers.”
Eclipse releases its updated products periodically and is named alphabetically with each new release. Choose the latest release or latest minus one.
Then simply follow the prompts to install.
The default directory will be on your home user path with a new folder “eclipse”
- Basic experience working with a computer
- Basic understanding of analytical problem solving
- Windows or Mac (course taught from Windows)
Finally, a complete Java software development essentials course that includes real internship opportunities for qualified students!
I not only teach the core topics of Java, but also covers necessary analytical skills like Algorithms and practical skills like reading and handling data from files, and job-specific skills like building a Student database and analyzing the criteria of passwords.
This course was developed by a combination of developers, recruiters, and business managers that together outlined and curated a curriculum based on the hiring needs and requirements in the industry. Designed for individuals looking to kick-start a new career in software development, this course starts at the beginning assuming no previous knowledge in programming.
- All relevant slides and notes
- Practical training
- Conceptual lectures
- Learning assignments
- Mini assessment quizzes
I focus on keeping the training practical and applicable to a real-world project. While learning the concepts is important, you must demonstrate your knowledge by being able to write programs, analyze what’s happening behind the scenes, and have a working understanding of basic algorithms and computations.
While not created based on Oracle’s certification program, this course will help prepare you for the Programmer Level I Exam to earn the Oracle Certified Associate certificate.
- Get comfortable with controlling the flow of programs
- Understand and apply the core concepts of object-oriented programming
- Know the different data structures and practice traversing through arrays and collections
- Master the common algorithms in computer science
- Learn topics conceptually and practically to ace your job interview
- Career-changers looking to start from scratch
- Recent graduate looking to get job-specific training
- Current student looking preparing for the job market
- QA / manual testers looking to transition to automation