Become a Junior Java Software Developer
What you'll learn
- Be comfortable with writing and designing Java applications
- Apply core concepts of object-oriented programming to a project
- Build holistic, real-world practical applications from the ground up
- Write common algorithms covered in computer science courses
- Talk confidently about Java programming and object-oriented programming
- Network with recruiters, hiring managers, and tech professionals
- Walk into your first job interview and code review with confidence
- Invitation to participate in internship through SDET University!
- Basic experience working with a computer
- Basic understanding of analytical problem solving
- Windows or Mac (course taught from Windows)
Finally, a complete Java software development essentials course that includes real internship opportunities for qualified students!
I not only teach the core topics of Java, but also covers necessary analytical skills like Algorithms and practical skills like reading and handling data from files, and job-specific skills like building a Student database and analyzing the criteria of passwords.
This course was developed by a combination of developers, recruiters, and business managers that together outlined and curated a curriculum based on the hiring needs and requirements in the industry. Designed for individuals looking to kick-start a new career in software development, this course starts at the beginning assuming no previous knowledge in programming.
- All relevant slides and notes
- Practical training
- Conceptual lectures
- Learning assignments
- Mini assessment quizzes
I focus on keeping the training practical and applicable to a real-world project. While learning the concepts is important, you must demonstrate your knowledge by being able to write programs, analyze what’s happening behind the scenes, and have a working understanding of basic algorithms and computations.
While not created based on Oracle’s certification program, this course will help prepare you for the Programmer Level I Exam to earn the Oracle Certified Associate certificate.
- Get comfortable with controlling the flow of programs
- Understand and apply the core concepts of object-oriented programming
- Know the different data structures and practice traversing through arrays and collections
- Master the common algorithms in computer science
- Learn topics conceptually and practically to ace your job interview
Who this course is for:
- Career-changers looking to start from scratch
- Recent graduate looking to get job-specific training
- Current student looking preparing for the job market
- QA / manual testers looking to transition to automation
Over 10 years experience throughout the IT software development and business delivery services. This breadth of exposure and experience has allowed me to create a simple, clear, relevant course to prepare students for industry-relevant skills.
Software Developer - I have been a free-lance contractor for dozens of software and web applications since high school years.
Trainer - I have conducted corporate training and department transformation programs for top brands around the world, including Disney, Accenture, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and Cox Enterprises.
Recruiting and Business Services - I have helped provide clients with training solutions and talent resources to meet requirements in their projects.
**Corporate Training Transformation Program**
Are you a corporate rep looking for a trainer to transform your software delivery? Bring automation testing with continuous integration / TDD / BDD to your QA team or software development scrum teams. I conduct regular online and onsite corporate training and transformation programs to develop automation test engineers to software delivery.