Become a highly paid Consultant, Adviser, Coach or Trainer
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 10 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Assess how best to set themselves up as a consultant, coach or business advisor
- Identify key barriers to setting up an independent consulting practice
- Understand the importance of building personal branding and offering unique niche solutions for clients
- Recognise the value of personal communication and influencing strategies in working with clients
- Self-assess using a personal SWOT as it relates to consulting or advisory work
- Be able to sell exceptional and tangible benefits to clients and provide reasons why they should choose you above others
- Know how to attract the right type of client and develop strategies for working on winning and retaining the ‘ideal’ client as an individual or as a business
- Apply the Service Portfolio Matrix to your consultancy and advisory services and assess their relative value to each of the four quadrants. This is valuable in assessing which services you can sell to which clients and which sectors
- Understand the psychology of developing a fee structure and understand this is a direct reflection of the value you add for your client
- Focus on selling your services in the top 5-10% of the industry norm, and provide comparable service
- Understand the difference between being ‘sales’ and ‘client’ focused and work on developing long-term relationships with your client
- Understand the dynamics behind the five-stage consulting cycle and be able to support your client going through the process
- Analyse the relationships of the core actors in the change arena and how they work together as consultants, client, stakeholder and implementers
- Evaluate and apply the best marketing practise to build your business as a consultant or business advisor
- A general understanding of business subjects is all that is necessary
If you want to become a highly valued and well paid consultant this course is for you. You have to digest this program if you want to run your own business. If you want to become a consultant working in large corporate, all the information within the videos and PDFs is critical in supporting your work.
This is for you if you are specialist in IT, Business Consulting, Website Design, SEO, Risk, Finance, Lean , Customer Service –this course provides the building blocks to set up a successful and lucrative business.
This course has been designed for those who are seeking to develop their own business in Consultancy or as a specialist or technical Business Advisor, Trainer, Coach or Mentor. This course is a vital foundation to make any Consultancy business work. It is founded on the experience of the author who has run several Consultancy and Coaching and Training businesses in the last 25 years + operating in the US, Europe and the UK.
The course is structured into 10 lectures (including PDF downloads) and covers all the essential components of consulting including:
- Preparing your consultancy service and developing your own SWOT analysis
- Developing your Personal ‘Brand’
- Using our Service Portfolio Matrix to develop and leverage the services you offer
- Developing business strategies to acquire new customers
- Adding exceptional value to your customers and clients which will be reflected in the fee structure you can charge
- Generating consulting fees commensurate with the top 10% in your professional field
- Building rapport with clients and turning interest into customer retention and client loyalty
- Applying the 5 Stage Consulting Methodology
Students can complete the course in about 5 hours but we strongly suggest that you go through the material several times. There are specialist exercises for you to perform and completion of these exercises will benefit the sustainability of your business.
- You should take this course if you want to start or develop your own Consulting, Business Advisory, Training, Mentoring or Coaching Business and offer genuine value to clients. People who should not take the course are those looking for a ‘get rich quick’ , short term scheme.
This Lecture focused on the actions needed to be taken to become a highly paid and valued consultant, business adviser, trainer or coach. Developing a successful consulting business requires both focus and belief in self. Identifying your personal barriers is critical in shaping an effective business. You must invest in yourself and create the necessary experience to make you credible.
Key advice is always to tailor your business to meet client’s needs 100%, and that means treating the client as unique. This builds value for you as the advisor, coach or whatever.
The introduction briefly covers: personal branding and business strategies, marketing, adding value to clients, building relationships, methodologies, being proactive and taking action.
Lecture 2: Brand You: Building Rapport & Relationships in your Consulting or Advisory Business
In order to become a highly valued and paid consultant you need a unique ‘brand’ and here we focus on you as the brand. This means taking a good look at yourself and assessing your personal strengths and limitations and working on your strengths. It is important to realise that being successful is about being able to communicate effectively and creating a good first impression is vital. Here you have the ability to self-assess your brands using SWOT analysis whilst maintaining your authenticity.
Lecture 3: Features & Benefits - Selling Your Professional Services
Clients buy the advantages and benefits that will accrue to them because of your advice and counsel, rather than the features of what you have to offer. In this lecture you get the opportunity to build your own benefits and rehearse how you will deliver these to your client. The session finishes by focusing upon the psychological contract which is central to an effective relationship with your clients.
Lecture 4: Attracting & Winning the Right Clients
Your success in consulting and the fees you command are down to attracting the right type of clients in the first place. You have to be selective and know your ideal client as an individual or an organisation. Here, you have to align your clients with the Service Portfolio Matrix, which allows you to explore the services you provide and assess which ones appeal to which client base.
Using this Matrix is critical in assessing whether the services you offer are Dogs, Problem Children, Stars or Cash Cows.
Lecture 5: Delivering Value to Clients, Setting Fees, Protecting Your Boundaries
Here we focus on delivering value and calibrating your fees. You also need to explore your own personal boundaries and ensure you deliver at the top of your game. You should aim to be earning in the top 5-10% of your industry norm rather than charging average rates. You should never, ever over-charge the client. You need to portray highly ethical and professional standards. Philip describes how the rates you charge are directly related to the value you deliver to your client.
Lecture 6: Developing profitable long-term relationships with your Clients
This is about developing long-term relationships, but this session also deals with rejection and dealing with it. This particular session asks you to define your ideal client in the most precise way and differentiate them from time wasters and clients that don’t fit the service you offer. You need clients that reflect who you are and what you do.
Lecture 7: How to become completely client focused
Be client, rather than sales, focused. You have to be authentic – you are working with them to develop solutions that work – not selling them stuff from the shelf. Philip explains what it is to be truly client focused and introduces the student to the buying cycle – differentiating it from the ‘selling cycle’ and explaining how to use the buying cycle to best effect.
Lecture 8: Applying the Consulting Cycle to Successfully Manage Change
This deals with the five stage consulting cycle and explains how best to ‘make things happen’ at each stage. It is really important to understand this process and map the client’s position exactly, and how you can move them towards solving their problems by analysing this process.
Lecture 9: Building Rapport & Relationships in Implementing Change
This session focuses on the four key actors in any change relationship. These include the Coach, Trainer, Consult or Advisors as well as the Client, Stakeholders and Implementers. This lecture deals with how to manage each to best effect.
Lecture 10: Building a Strong Profile, Action Planning and Marketing Your Business
This concentrates on the purpose behind any consultancy, advisory or training work which is implementing improvements and building a solid reputation. Here the student can focus really on what they want to be, to do and have as a consultant or adviser and goes on to explain the use of the media, publishing articles, giving powerful presentations, networking. This series finishes by asking the student some really key questions to promote themselves and their work in the future.